Repair license update

dcf1ver
I have to renew my repair license,this is my first time renewing.

 Is there a specific update Im supposed to take or can I do any update training?(Different schools offer different classes)

Re: Repair license update

Lose weight
Any
Bunch of plumpy hens stop overeating!

Re: Repair license update

Any as long as there program is recognized by the state

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019, 2:14 PM dcf1ver [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have to renew my repair license,this is my first time renewing.

 Is there a specific update Im supposed to take or can I do any update training?(Different schools offer different classes)

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Repair-license-update-tp5077530.html

Re: Repair license update

https://www.californiaarc.org/Training/Course-and-School-Locator

Re: Repair license update

You need to attend a 16-hour smog check technician "repair license" update class.

Re: Repair license update

dcf1ver
For clarification,I contacted the school and they said any BAR approved repair class is fine,as long as I hadn't taken the class already.

Duplicate classes do not get credit.

Re: Repair license update

kfworry wrote
You need to attend a 16-hour smog check technician "repair license" update class.
Actually 12 hour class is all you need since the 4 hour online course counts for both licenses.

Re: Repair license update

dcf1ver
none wrote
Actually 12 hour class is all you need since the 4 hour online course counts for both licenses.
Where did you read that? I cannot find that information.

Re: Repair license update

kfworry
You are required to complete the 4-hour On-Line update course AND
the 16-hour Classroom update course.

Re: Repair license update

12 plus 4 is acceptable.  That's what I have been doing with no issues for at least four years.  I think my source was Rocky.

Re: Repair license update

dcf1ver
kfworry wrote
You are required to complete the 4-hour On-Line update course AND
the 16-hour Classroom update course.
For EI its the 16 hour course only(or apparently 4+12)

For EO its the 4 hour online deal.

Re: Repair license update

dcf1ver
barrym95838 wrote
12 plus 4 is acceptable.  That's what I have been doing with no issues for at least four years.  I think my source was Rocky.

Well I couldnt find any 12 hour classes. I just signed up for a 16 hour course. 2 Sundays.

Re: Repair license update

Re: Repair license update

none
I did an update class about a month ago that was scheduled for SAT and SUN. The teacher (Sean) was really focused (and good) and got the whole class done on Saturday so I still had my Sunday off.

He wasn't the regular teacher for the school but I would really like to take more update classes with this guy. I figure if I have to spend the time in school I at least want to learn something and I did.