Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

That happened way before STAR went public, so I don't know if it was an IGS incident or not.

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

D Rochells 150861
I just cleaned up two messes from the other tech, failed an 82 Volvo cause he doesn't know pre-OBD2 only needs a PC1 match. And he failed a rescinded cat as a tamper.

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

How about this little brain teaser, on a 2004 Silverado 4.8L I decided I had to tamper-fail yesterday?
Comments: Underhood label is missing, but D-280-101 [912005] and D-193-115 [455005] do NOT apply simultaneously to any single EFN on the ARB list.
It could be either the ...170 EFN or the ...174 EFN, but it can't be both, right?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

D Rochells 150861
Did it have a ref label? Also, if it's federal, pass.

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

I didn't see one, but the boss told me the customer is going to get an official label from the dealer and come back so we can decide which cat to cut out and replace.  I agree with you though ... if the new underhood label says Federal, I'll push it through as-is.

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

D Rochells 150861
That was a 4.9 typo joke, have you tried the gen3 obd pid trick to determine FED/CA?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

Yeah, you responded before I saw the typo and corrected it, but I still didn't get the joke.  I hadn't thought of trying to manually scan it.

P.S. I got the joke ... 12-hour delay ... I need a vacation.

Can you explain this for me?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

D Rochells 150861
Go inspection/diagnostic tools/OBD diagnostics and then press connect, there will be a PID list on the lower left. In there you can click on OBD and it will say OBDII as defined by CARB or EPA, sometimes it doesn't give the detail though.
12345