Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

That happened way before STAR went public, so I don't know if it was an IGS incident or not.

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

How about this little brain teaser, on a 2004 Silverado 4.8L I decided I had to tamper-fail yesterday?
Comments: Underhood label is missing, but D-280-101 [912005] and D-193-115 [455005] do NOT apply simultaneously to any single EFN on the ARB list.
It could be either the ...170 EFN or the ...174 EFN, but it can't be both, right?

I didn't see one, but the boss told me the customer is going to get an official label from the dealer and come back so we can decide which cat to cut out and replace.  I agree with you though ... if the new underhood label says Federal, I'll push it through as-is.

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

Yeah, you responded before I saw the typo and corrected it, but I still didn't get the joke.  I hadn't thought of trying to manually scan it.

P.S. I got the joke ... 12-hour delay ... I need a vacation.

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?

have you tried the gen3 obd pid trick to determine FED/CA?

Can you explain this for me?

Re: Rescinded Catalytic converters PASS or FAIL?