Rescinded/Withdrawn

D Rochells 150861
BAR rep complained they get too many complaints about techs failing these erroneously (I'm retesting a needlessly replaced cat vehicle right now), but there is no BAR Blast about this...

Re: Rescinded/Withdrawn

Troll
Boo fucking hoo.  They always complain when they have to do what's in their job description.
F=them.
obviously sore subject for me.
Numerous complaints we've gotten.

Re: Rescinded/Withdrawn

Just the Facts

Re: Rescinded/Withdrawn

As you can see they can ALWAYS tell you they told you so! Just another thing we take time to communicate and do NOT get paid for. I would hate to work in a high volume shop cause you know the list will grow.

Re: Rescinded/Withdrawn

I guess we're supposed to be clairevoyant to decide when the cat was installed.
for sure you can't trust the customer.
referee does put sticker on door or where ever they decide.

Re: Rescinded/Withdrawn

none
I have never failed a car for having a rescinded cat and I have never asked for a receipt or other proof. I guess if it looked like it had JUST been installed I would make an exception.

Re: Rescinded/Withdrawn

Best Answer I Can Give
 Rescinded? what type of word is that?
When you  have a "rescinded item" does it not mean, WE FUCKED UP?

 Would it not mean that the people "Certifying" the piece didn't do the job properly?

 You Rescinded the item, because it did not meet the standards? Because something got a "Certificate that should not have?
Who get's to pay because you didn't do your job?

 Because you didn't do the job you are paid to do, do you get to pay fines and be out of work for a year? Do you lose your STAR? The way you make money?

 Why was it withdrawn, and why must the CONSUMER PAY?

Re: Rescinded/Withdrawn

Thanks, forgot about that one. Funny they sort of contradict themselves. Needs to be clarified that the customer or someone not in anyway related to the people described in the next paragraph could install an affected cat after the w/r date.

"The rescission and withdrawal prohibit the manufacturers, their agents, and
any businesses connected with these converters from production, advertisement, offer for
sale, sale, and installation
 of the converters

Affected converters sold on or before their rescission or withdrawal date, are legal for use
and installation in California
. Affected converters sold after their rescission or withdrawal
date, are not legal for use or installation in California."

So I guess the real problem is techs not knowing the rules and advanced English BAR would probably say this is shop owners fault for lack of training.

Re: Rescinded/Withdrawn

I have never failed a car for having a rescinded cat and I have never asked for a receipt or other proof ...
Same here.  I did fail a cat that was approved for the vehicle and engine family, but installed in the wrong location the other day.