Rescinded cat

gambit620

Would you guys failed this?

Re: Rescinded cat

bayareasmog
Check the PDF to see when it was rescinded. Usually a lot of them are not put on after.  It all depends on the year make model and engine family number.

Re: Rescinded cat

Evaponly818
Same difference between rescinded and withdrawn ?

Re: Rescinded cat

gambit620
rescinded on 01/01/12. i already kick it out and send it to the ref

Re: Rescinded cat

Evaponly818 wrote
Same difference between rescinded and withdrawn ?
Yes, essentially it's the same difference.

Carb can rescind an EO number for a cat.

The manufacturer can withdraw the cat from the approved list.

Re: Rescinded cat

gambit620 wrote
Would you guys failed this?
I'd pass it.

Re: Rescinded cat

Ser Dan
I would have the customer sign a statement on the invoice that list the it was installed before the rescinded date

Re: Rescinded cat

STAR is Racist
Stamped 10 years ago customer probably isn't gonna have a receipt, pass it and move on with ur life.

Re: Rescinded cat

Best Answer I Can Give
 The trouble is , "The Next Person"
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: Rescinded cat

I'd pass it! I have never failed one because it was rescinded or withdrawn.

It doesn't matter WHEN it was installed only that it wasn't sold after that date and once they are rescinded or withdrawn you can't buy them anyway.

Affected converters sold on or before their rescission or withdrawal date, are legal for use and installation in California.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermktcat/catrescind.pdf

Re: Rescinded cat

Evaponly818
gambit620 wrote

Would you guys failed this?
Looks like it’s in fairly good shape little to no fading of the numbers for it to be installed lots of years back. Would have looked at the weld marks. If it looks like it wasn’t just put on there pass and make a note.

Re: Rescinded cat

gambit620
The thing is it failed back in November for TAMPERED, I don’t want to get a ding the next time it go for smog. So I just cancel the test and send it to the ref.

Re: Rescinded cat

Ser Dan
Thats good work
if the last guy failed it just pass it on the to next shop

Re: Rescinded cat

gambit620 wrote
The thing is it failed back in November for TAMPERED, I don’t want to get a ding the next time it go for smog. So I just cancel the test and send it to the ref.
Since it was failed as TAMPERED before I think you definitely did the right thing.

Re: Rescinded cat

gambit620 wrote
The thing is it failed back in November for TAMPERED, I don’t want to get a ding the next time it go for smog. So I just cancel the test and send it to the ref.
Did you asked to see the previous failed cert? I would pass it. Also know a guy who fails these because he's worried someone else will fail it like besta stated.