Resource for emission controls other than label and book

Resource for emission controls other than label and book

burrito_thief
Is there any other way to check what emission controls a vehicle has? Just to verify emission controls on a vehicle, I checked alldata but I can find a label.

Re: Resource for emission controls other than label and book

kfworry
I've been taught the rely on the engine emission control label if it is legible
and matches the vehicle model year. The ECS label "trumps" the book.
An older motor manual for my 2005 Mini says is has an Air Pump.
The ECS label on the car Does Not list Air Pump. The latest Motor
Manual has been edited and No Longer list an Air Pump for the 2005
Mini.
The BAR does not Edit what Motor Manual write in their books.

Re: Resource for emission controls other than label and book

kfworry
Motor Manual has a form in the back of the book for technicians
to fill out and send in should anyone see errors. Then it is up to
the powers at Motor Manual to verify the correction.

Re: Resource for emission controls other than label and book

burrito_thief
Right but what if it doesn't have a label? this happened before I had to call my smog instructor for advice on how to proceed. A 2000 chev silverado 5.0 and 5.3 are listed on book as having egr and air but some don't have air pumps installed. Which the label indicates but since there was no label I couldn't tell if it had one or not.

Re: Resource for emission controls other than label and book

Best Answer I Can Give
 Must be new. Go back and you will find this has been gone over a couple times.

 ALL THAT MATTERS, you find in PRINT a match to what is under the hood, you will be OK.

 The BAR comes out to HASSLE you, look I found it in this BAR approved book.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Resource for emission controls other than label and book

Check monitors, check an OEM parts website. Lots of ways. Damn kids, in my day we didn't even have the internet and we had to smog in 10ft of snow.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Up hill both ways, in bare feet.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Resource for emission controls other than label and book

cosmokramertheassman
When I was young in the smog game, I would call the local dealer and give them the vin. They were usually able to answer my smog parts/vehicle related questions.

Re: Resource for emission controls other than label and book

D wrote
Damn kids, in my day we didn't even have the internet and we had to smog in 10ft of snow.
Sounds like most auto repair shops in the 80s. Or is it 10ft of BLOW.

Re: Resource for emission controls other than label and book

XxXxX