Resources

Jay.kahlon
So I let my repair license go 5 years ago. I'm trying to get back up to speed. Are there any good laptop based programs for scanning ecm? If not is there a good scan tool around 1k. I want to be able to access mode6 and ass much data as possible. I can easily diagnose  obd1 and gases, so mainly want to trouble shoot  the newer cars, hybrids, diesels. Also I use to prefer all data back then, but I seem to really like the new Mitchell. Not much info regarding drive cycles though, what resources are you guys using? Motor age study guides helped me pass the test before, any other better ones? Good update classes in the bay area? Anything at all you guys find are essential please lemme know.

Re: Resources

none
There was a page on BAR's web site that listed all the BAR approved scan tools but I think they have done away with that now. You might call BAR and see if they still have that.

I bought an AUTO ENGINUITY lap top based scan tool years ago and I hated it. I spent more time trying to get it to connect to the car than the repair. It also only did engine systems, no ABS or air bags. It was on BAR's list though and it was cheap to update. I got rid of it and got a Snap On Solus Ultra with all the Euro stuff too. I like to use it but it is expensive to update (and current enough for anything I'll work on).

I'm looking at buying a AUTEL MS906BT and they have cheaper updates. https://www.aeswave.com/scan-tools-c451/

Re: Resources

We use the Launch, Autel, Bosh Vag, Snap-on (old red brick) scan tools. No one tool does everything. The Harbor Freight tool is good for most light duty technicians.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Resources-tp5076618.html