Retest at different star test only station

Retest at different star test only station

smogido
does anyone know if a car has failed the emission and did the needed repairs but decided to do the retest at a different star test only station and passed, would that cause the 2nd station to lose score points ? also would you enter "repairs done" on EIS (star station only)?

Re: Retest at different star test only station

justa
Banned User

Re: Retest at different star test only station

smogido
thank you

Re: Retest at different star test only station

Re: Retest at different star test only station

Troll
get those screens all the times. it's the customer's mentality that it must be us.
We don't say shit, except if they say "my car never failed", or other bulshit

Re: Retest at different star test only station

Johnny
Barry

Search the brain here... If I answer yes to repairs done elswhere on every test how or would that affect my fpr? Would that not make every test not initial?

Re: Retest at different star test only station

Midnightdrummer
Johnny wrote

JM
I don't even get the point of the question (Not yours, the smog machine's). Why is it your responsibility to know if repairs were done somewhere else? I've always wondered if it even made a difference when I put repairs were done elsewhere.

Re: Retest at different star test only station

justa
Banned User

Re: Retest at different star test only station

Johnny
But the question remains. If you answered yes then it cannot be termed a initial test?

Re: Retest at different star test only station

justa
Banned User

Re: Retest at different star test only station

007
From what I was told, the score is only calculated on the first test done in the registration cycle. So if the customer goes to ten shops to smog his car only the first test counts toward the calculation of the star score.

Re: Retest at different star test only station

I once had a technician at my test-only station try to answer the question "were there repairs made",
and my analyzer would NOT let him enter any repairs. I allowed him to "see" what would
happen, and I was absolutely and spot-on right. He "thought" he was required to enter repairs
made any another shop.
Yes, that "repair question" should be removed from a Test Only analyzer.

Re: Retest at different star test only station

FiendFX
I always enter NO.

So, for those that are star test only, do you test a failed car at your shop with in the past 1-2 months? or do you turn it away to keep your star score up? I been told it goes against you if you test them.....kind of confusing....but i need to know for sure....

Re: Retest at different star test only station

FiendFX
I still do them.. And I do check monitors before smogging.