Retired

Kevin
I found out last week that Rocky has retired for good from the industry, oppions of him very but he was one of us at one time doing inspections and in the trenches. He always was helpful when I needed his help when I was young and first in the industry in 1992

Re: Retired

none
I wonder if he is still going to teach some update classes. I like doing my update classes with him.

Re: Retired

Anon A Mouse
Dang. Rocky will be missed. I never understood all why some were so combative with him on CalArc. I always liked having Rocky around. I didn't always agree with him, but I appreciated his input. He was a great resource.

Re: Retired

Lose weight

Anon A Mouse wrote
 I never understood all why some were so combative with him on CalArc.
Rarely gave a straight answer mostly runarounds. May the next guy be more punctual..if there is a next guy in that dead forum.

Re: Retired

Kevin
According to John the new owner of Tech help in he is retired from everything from teaching and from the bureau of automotive repair

Re: Retired

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hey None, why did rocky retire when he did?

Re: Retired

Johnnybeme
Rocky will be missed but if he had any feelings for our industry he would now reveal what he knows about STAR and would divulge the corruptness he has witnessed.

Re: Retired

Best Answer I Can Give
 JM, have you ever thought, He might just be part of that corruption.

Re: Retired

Johnnybeme
Besta

You are probably right cause corruption usually corrupts completely, but I can dream that now that the job is not at risk a certain integrity may take over. I still try to get hired so I can learn the dark side. My last interview was a joke with two suits and five stupid questions. I know that the real reason for the interview was to alleviate the appearance of age discrimination.

Re: Retired

Best Answer I Can Give
13 Years with the City of Los Angeles taught me TONS. You learn why the shit heads get the better jobs
Can't fire them so give them a GLOWING review so some other poor SOB can take that pile of crap off your hands.

 You don't put a Scanner in the office. He works hard KNOWS his shit, and will cost you in vehicle count. You put the LAZY SOB in the office. HE COST YOU THE LEAST.

Re: Retired

Best Answer I Can Give
 My biggest FEAR of Rocky retiring is, If it is the same Rocky, He SAW the SCREW UP of smog check at test centers.
 Was he the voice of reason.

 There was a Rocky back when I started. If I remember right he had something to do with the centers in So Cal.
He saw the DAMAGE and just general screw up they were.

 D keeps saying how we need them. D is @40. This 63 year old fat guy has seen the problems. If it's the same Rocky, he saw and lived thru them also.

 It was one CLASS A Fuck up.