STAR directed diesel

none
I thought I read that diesels weren't going to be "directed" when we first started testing diesels in California. I guess they started now.

8th VIN D is a Duramax LBZ engine.

Re: STAR directed diesel

I thought I read that diesels weren't going to be "directed" when we first started testing diesels in California. I guess they started now.
They must be listening.

Re: STAR directed diesel

none
Is that because I just tested it and now it dropped or WHAT THE HECK?

Re: STAR directed diesel

Is that because I just tested it and now it dropped or WHAT THE HECK?
That's possible.  I looked it up this morning and it says you performed the test at 03:49 p.m.  If you queried the database before that, then yes, that's probably what had happened.

Re: STAR directed diesel

none
When searching for an answer I found this interesting but unrelated quote;

"What types of vehicles are directed?

Model-year 1999 and older vehicles must have their inspections performed at a STAR station...
"

https://www.bar.ca.gov/Consumer/Q&As_Directed_Vehicles.html

Re: STAR directed diesel

"What types of vehicles are directed?

Model-year 1999 and older vehicles must have their inspections performed at a STAR station...
"
I didn't know that.  I never looked.  Probably because I'm STAR.  All the more reason to yank the STAR status of all of the STAR stations without a functioning BAR97 EIS.  Hopefully the 30 day calibration requirement happens.

Re: STAR directed diesel

Best Answer I Can Give
 So for 4 to 5 hundred bucks you can keep the STAR and never have to do one.
Yet a good part of the STAR score is based on ASM stuff. Makes sense to me.

Re: STAR directed diesel

scanner wrote
none wrote
"What types of vehicles are directed?

Model-year 1999 and older vehicles must have their inspections performed at a STAR station...
"
I didn't know that.
Probably because it's not true.  I just brought up my last 50 VIRs from my BAR-97 and :

29 were High Emitter Profile
17 were Change of Owner
2 were Initial Registration
1 was 1.9% Random Sample
1 was Biennial

Re: STAR directed diesel

Its a government agency they change the rules daily

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/STAR-directed-diesel-tp5067634.html