STATS

007
Does anyone no if there is any publications on how many cars pass the OIS test that would fail a BAR 97 test?

Re: STATS

kfworry
I'm not aware of any stats regarding OIS vs BAR 97.
I measured emissions on a 2000 CAMARO that would have clearly
failed a BAR 97 Test.
I don't know if the BAR Gods "want to know" those STATS.
If it was humanly possible I would summon the BAR Chief and his
Engineers to my shop to prove my point.
I don't know but the BAR Gods might not be humble enough
to admit BAR OIS DAD test is Not More Effective then
Real Emissions testing.

Re: STATS

Best Answer I Can Give
 Audit guy was by a couple days back. For those of you who don't know, audit also does roadside.
He was telling me that the AQMD was having them do 2014 and under.
Maybe some one is waking up.
 Sometimes you have to be Smarter than the Equipment you are working with.

Re: STATS

kfworry
Yes indeed, Wake them up from sleeping on the job.

Re: STATS

I have never seen any data on this but I've been a mechanic professionally since 1990 and I can tell you with all absolute certainty but there's been a few vehicles just listening to them run that should have failed but because the monitors were good and all the components were there they passed

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019, 9:08 AM 007 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email] wrote:
Does anyone no if there is any publications on how many cares pass the OIS test that would fail a BAR 97 test?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/STATS-tp5071951.html
Ee

Re: STATS

Ee
It cuts both ways. I can recall how many cars passed on Bar97 when 2 monitors were allowed with pending codes, that now fail now due to the extra running it takes to set all monitors needed.pending codes become hard codes.    People were resetting check engine lights with out repairing them and running them with their cheap hand held scanner, and as soon there was 2 mon not set they drive in for smog, So I think iOS and the new monitor rules catch more cars or customers are forced to fix them instead of gaming the system.  Dealers and shade tree were gaming system more than the regular customer.  I know it’s far from perfect but that’s what we got now