Scantool

FiendFX
Not sure if this scan tool is better than the Ancel or not. But it can read I/M in 5 secs. Can graph 4 pids. Not sure if its quality.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8B7TXD/?coliid=I2M2PDNIG9KGX2&colid=1AS10IAUP715D&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Re: Scantool

Kevin
There an ok entrée level tool

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020, 6:41 AM FiendFX [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Not sure if this scan tool is better than the Ancel or not. But it can read I/M in 5 secs. Can graph 4 pids. Not sure if its quality.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8B7TXD/?coliid=I2M2PDNIG9KGX2&colid=1AS10IAUP715D&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Scantool-tp5082520.html

Re: Scantool

FiendFX
Of course. I am comparing it with the popular Ancel  not with the Snap on. :)

Re: Scantool

Hard Nox
Checking for Permanent DTCs

Innova 3030g  works so far.

The 3030g is a low end code checker, simple, cheap, quick.

Re: Scantool

none
Hard Nox wrote
Checking for Permanent DTCs

Innova 3030g  works so far.

The 3030g is a low end code checker, simple, cheap, quick.
That's not cheap compared to the others though.

Re: Scantool

Hard Nox
I have found the Innova 3030g on ebay in the $55 to $89 price range. Have seen higher prices on the same.

Not sure what Autozone, Napa, Amazon charges.

Have the Ancel 410 also.  Bought it last month when we were talking about it. It's not catching PDTCs. Then there is the Toyota issue that some of us had with the Ancel scanner.  Don't get me wrong , I like it, but am cautious.

No issues so far with the Innova 3030g.  It's also new to me. Still testing it out.

Re: Scantool

FiendFX
Hard Nox wrote
I have found the Innova 3030g on ebay in the $55 to $89 price range. Have seen higher prices on the same.

Not sure what Autozone, Napa, Amazon charges.

Have the Ancel 410 also.  Bought it last month when we were talking about it. It's not catching PDTCs. Then there is the Toyota issue that some of us had with the Ancel scanner.  Don't get me wrong , I like it, but am cautious.

No issues so far with the Innova 3030g.  It's also new to me. Still testing it out.
Are we required to check PDTC?

Re: Scantool

Hard Nox
We are Not required to check PDTCs, but they are showing up as failures on VIRs.

Nice to have something in the tool box with the feature to see these pids.

Re: Scantool

none
I still have a INNOVA 30203 that is our "go to" monitor checker. It is fast and simple. You just plug it in and it does it's thing. No buttons to push or anything. I would buy another but they don't make it anymore. It was around $40. Everyone I have tried after that was slower until the Ancel but the Innova won't turn on a VSC light on a 4Runner so then it's WAY faster.

Re: Scantool

I still have a INNOVA 30203 that is our "go to" monitor checker. It is fast and simple. You just plug it in and it does it's thing. No buttons to push or anything. I would buy another but they don't make it anymore. It was around $40. Everyone I have tried after that was slower until the Ancel but the Innova won't turn on a VSC light on a 4Runner so then it's WAY faster.
The AutoPhix is only 5 secs for I/M check.

Re: Scantool

none
FiendFX wrote
The AutoPhix is only 5 secs for I/M check.
That's faster than any I've tried. I posted my times here; http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Best-scanner-td5081834.html#a5081880

Re: Scantool

FiendFX wrote
The AutoPhix is only 5 secs for I/M check.
That's faster than any I've tried. I posted my times here; http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Best-scanner-td5081834.html#a5081880
Yes, I saw that thread. I am only stating AutoPhix takes only 5 seconds to check readiness monitor. That is speedy gonzalez if you ask me.