Scores are out.

mikesmobile
Mike

Re: Scores are out.

Lose weight
A score that reflects my by the book inspections! Whoo!
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: Scores are out.

Voltron
follow up pass rapes are in.

Re: Scores are out.

same numbers as last time for us.

Re: Scores are out.

STAR is Racist
wow all 3 of us at the shop went from below .40 to above .40. first time all of us are above .40 at the same time.

Re: Scores are out.

Peter
Thick6 wrote
wow all 3 of us at the shop went from below .40 to above .40. first time all of us are above .40 at the same time.
love the scores. Fannnnnntasssstic. All my station are Fannnnnnntasssstic.

Re: Scores are out.

Anon A Mouse
I got .71. My score has gone down the last two times. I don't understand why. I perform the test the same every time. Maybe it's the shops in town who are happy to fail cars but can't repair them. I keep getting shitty old cars sent to me that other shops fail but can't repair because the "repair guy is on vacation".

Re: Scores are out.

Able
Not good news for me...im BELOW .40! First time ever....but then again my shop is nearly 2 years old.

So should I be worred if the next quater is under .40 again I'll lose my STAR?

Re: Scores are out.

Lose weight
As long as you're above .10 you should be fine. But you should stop your clean piping activities for your score to go up(BAR explanation not mine)
From fat to buff. Healthy diet and exercising is not expensive it takes will!

Re: Scores are out.

STAR is Racist
also stop pre conditioning the CAT unless it fails the first test and the BAR 97 forces u to pre condition the CAT. BAR's words not mne.

Re: Scores are out.

Re: Scores are out.

Anon A Mouse
how about the cars that come out super clean on a pretest, then go into preconditioning during the official test? Gotta love it. I swear the machine does it just to see if I'll abort

Re: Scores are out.

Re: Scores are out.

D wrote
Basic seems easier than enhanced until all the cat preconditioning come into play, and EGR functional. I want to beat the smog machine with a hammer every time I precondition something that is catless from factory.
Hey, I have seen it work a few times on the ones with missing thermostats.

I failed a '93 LS400 TSI EGR functional the other day.  It blinked a 71 while I was preparing to listen for a 100-300 RPM change from 3500 in neutral that didn't seem to be there while fingering TE1 to E1.  I had to use the '94/'95 procedure, because the procedure offered by the 2018 Motor ECSA for '93 obviously didn't apply to the stepper motor style.

Re: Scores are out.

none
If my FPR gets any lower I will have to borrow numbers from somebody else. That, or maybe it will go negative?

I think this is partially the result of me not testing as many pre-OBDII cars anymore that are going to somewhere else that it pickier than me.. I reject a lot of junk where I used to test everything and waste a lot of time on it.

Re: Scores are out.

Iconcur
Able wrote
Not good news for me...im BELOW .40! First time ever....but then again my shop is nearly 2 years old.

So should I be worred if the next quater is under .40 again I'll lose my STAR?
i got below .40 for first time last semester this time it rose up to .54 i can finally apply for star after a year!!!

Re: Scores are out.

.32 so close yet so far oh well on a good note i think 0 incidents for the last 3 month period. ive seen a very interesting yelp review on a shop next city over. star station, customers come in for engine light diagnosis/and a smog. they gladly smog it for the easy fail, then do the diagnosis and claim its part of the process the customer, even points out direct quote " that is how you meet your STAR quota". fair game ? to increase your score or asking for trouble. you cant charge the customer for the inspection if they know its gonna fail and ASK for the engine light to be diagnosed. or can you

Re: Scores are out.

kfworry
The shop IS allowed to test and fail for a CEL "ON".
The shop IS allowed to have a signed invoice to Diagnose
and Repair CEL "ON".

Re: Scores are out.

None, I think that is the reason my score fell below a .10 for the same reason you cited .We get many 99 and olders here . Some come back , some don't like our new prices and have gone elsewhere. I have been getting retests from other stations that chaff my hide .For instance ,a 99 honda oddysey, they tamper failed it for a crack on the intake tube . It was a miniscule ,barely nonexistent ,hairline crack !Good luck brother hope our scores improve !

Re: Scores are out.

kfworry wrote
The shop IS allowed to test and fail for a CEL "ON".
The shop IS allowed to have a signed invoice to Diagnose
and Repair CEL "ON".
yes 100% but when the customer is saying, my light is on, i would like a smog but know it will fail with the engine light on. not every customer is clueless to the smog program. Can you diagnose my vehicle before smoging it? why is the station purposely running the test first knowing the customer requested it be diagnosed before the inspection.
12