Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

MIGI G
I was just wondering how my score went from .79 to .29....
it's very disappointing. I barely smog for the last 2 years and I been a smog tech for 8 years now. I decided to stop being a daily smog tech and start working at the dealer....been at the dealer for years and 5 months now. I only smog part time Sunday at a star smog station but I barely do any 99 and older cars and I dont have any dings on my short term record for the pass two years. I dont know where I went wrong? I was expecting to be a .50 but that was a lost by far lol........please help ....i dont know what I did wrong?????? can you call the bar and complain about and see what cause your score to drop?????

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

smog frogposter
We've all been in that situation brother, calling the BAR about this matter is pointless as they themselves do not fully comprehend the complexity behind the FPR score but to put it in simple laymen terms without the hogwash and red tape, money talks bullshit walks. It is quite possible that you may have passed vehicles with the unset evap monitor in the past and failed their next inspection cycle due to evap related faults, passed vehicles when they should have failed for incorrect aftermarket parts such as Catalysts with illegible or incorrect EO numbers that do not fit the vehicle application or just plain failed due to lack of maintenance.

In other words, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't you're at the behest of the STAR program where as "if a vehicle fails, let it fail" regardless if it would impact your FPR score even if you're the same tech that inspected the same vehicle before and failed due to matters beyond your control. However, if it directly affects your STAR eligibility it is possible that you may appeal it when they attempt to revoke but if you're wanting to look presentable for an employer there's nothing we can do about it other than hope and pray in the next six months the score will improve.

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

Stop illegally passing cars!!

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

WealdstoneRaider
No One wrote
Stop illegally passing cars!!
The only plausible explanation.Kidding,(or?) but with the lower the volume of vehicles tested the more it impacts your score I hear.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

No One
No One wrote

There are all kinds things floating around out there. I even heard ppl say that bar takes station score and your score, add them together and then divide that ADDED score with your score to get produce your score

dam well this sucks! those lil fuckers and no I dont illegally pass car
I do fail cars that got to fail. but dam you try to do the right thing and follow the programs rules and regulations and you still get fuck! just feel like calling and yelling at those idiot's.....I know it really doesn't matter because I'm at a dealer but it still pisses me off....because if I was working a test only well u guys know my boss would of be bitchen at me for my score.....and try to low ball me on pay......

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

No One
MIGI G wrote
I know it really doesn't matter because I'm at a dealer but it still pisses me off....because if I was working a test only well u guys know my boss would of be bitchen at me for my score.....and try to low ball me on pay......
He would lower your pay and you would fail every car because of your star score or refuse to smog cars with evap monitors incomplete which would piss off customers and have them go somewhere else. Then you get fired.

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

Able
Its just unbelievable,

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

BlueSky
Just a thought.  What are the chances that someone has your password to access the BAR97 and is doing illegal smogs at one of the previous shops or the current shop that you smog at on Sunday's.  Check with the BAR to see where and when your license has been used at.

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

444O444
possible but there is a tech d in our station, and i am 100 percent  sure  that he didnt performed a single smog inspection after may 2019, his score also went down 0.3.

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

805smogtech
444O444 wrote
possible but there is a tech d in our station, and i am 100 percent  sure  that he didnt performed a single smog inspection after may 2019, his score also went down 0.3.
Think about it. Your current FUPR score is calculated off of cars you certified two years ago. A car you passed two years ago, it fails its initial test today and drops your score. So even if you don't do very many smogs for the next two years, your score can still go up or down, depending on if the cars you certified two years ago on their last cycle, pass or fail initially on this current cycle. Hence why you will see "No Score" usually for the first two years when you begin your smog career, and why you won't see "No Score" again until around 2 years after your last smog.

Also something to keep in mind, if you do a low volume of smogs, (like being only part time or one day a week at a smog shop), you may not do enough smogs to get a score. Happened to a guy I knew down south. Didn't get his first score until 6 years after his first smog, because he only did smog part time until just recently.

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

I mostly agree with your assessment.  However, I have been the only tech smogging at my shop since the middle of 2013, and my FuPR hardly ever is the same as the shop's FuPR, even seven years after the last additional tech was removed from our system.

Up to 36 months (3 years) of inspections affect your current score. So techs who pass non carb parts for a few bucks more better not act surprised.
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

dcf1ver
BlueSky wrote
Just a thought.  What are the chances that someone has your password to access the BAR97 and is doing illegal smogs at one of the previous shops or the current shop that you smog at on Sunday's.  Check with the BAR to see where and when your license has been used at.
Arent you prompted to change your password every 90 or 120 days or something like that?

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

Best Answer I Can Give
 Any one think? It just might be a "Scare Tactic" Make you do what they feel should be a "Better" job.

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

dcf1ver wrote
BlueSky wrote
On BAR97 ? I have had the same password since the mid 90s when BAR changed it to the current one.

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

805smogtech
OIS you have to "change" your password every 90 days lol.

Bar 97 you keep the same 5 digit code forever it seems. 6 years in, multiple shops later and mine hasn't changed.

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

Best Answer I Can Give
 I have had this "Assigned Password" so long, for the Pre OIS machine, that I can't remember when we go it.
I believe we got it thru Snail Mail.

Re: Scores finally out but somehow I got FK! 😭

dcf1ver
On BAR97 ? I have had the same password since the mid 90s when BAR changed it to the current one.
Oh sorry Im OIS only.

Didnt know it was different for EIS.