Service Engine Soon Chevy Trucks

Jones

Re: Service Engine Soon Chevy Trucks

K20SI
take key out of ignition 30 secs put it back in and it shoud work

Re: Service Engine Soon Chevy Trucks

SMOG 1
WHAT I DO AFTER OBD FUNCTIONAL IS TURN IT OFF TAKE KEY OUT LOCK THEN UNLOCK DOORS AFTER THAT IT SHOULD COME ON BUT SOMETIMES THE BULB IS REALY BURNT OUT

Re: Service Engine Soon Chevy Trucks

I have seen many Chevy vehicles do the same thing.
There is nothing wrong!!
Wait like you did for the Service Engine Soon light to come on,
and everything is A OK.
Easy, right.

Re: Service Engine Soon Chevy Trucks

K20SI
there is a section in the 2013 motors book i read  it a few days ago and it tells u to take key out of ignition for 30 secs if u had the truck on. i cant find it at the moment but if i do i will post it for u

Re: Service Engine Soon Chevy Trucks

I've done many hundreds of GMs.  Usually, 30 seconds is overkill, along with all of that lock/unlock jazz; I usually just turn it completely off and count to at least ten seconds before turning it back on, and that's enough.  On several of the OBD1 Cadillacs, the MILs only come on during actual cranking.  That's not in the precious book, though ... if you follow SCIP to the exact letter, you will wrongfully fail them.

Re: Service Engine Soon Chevy Trucks

On GM, remove the key wait, 10 seconds, turn on, MIL should light up.