Shop For Sale

wretched

Re: Shop For Sale

wretched
BUMP...Need to sell ASAP...:)

Re: Shop For Sale

mikesmobile
Why are you selling it....
Mike

Re: Shop For Sale

There are two techs entered in the station's machines, and one of them had a FuPR "issue" a while back.  Instead of removing the tech, it looks like they soldiered on, with their middle-fingers in the air.  It's quite possible that the BAR has been trying to yank their STAR, but I can only speculate ...

Re: Shop For Sale

wretched
We are currently under appeal and still able to do Star smogs.
After 18 years of smog,I'm moving on to a different line of work.I want something more challenging than sitting around waiting for smogs.I have a management position waiting for me as soon as I leave from here...:)

Re: Shop For Sale

Smogtech
That's a great deal..   2 shops I liked while looking wanted $250K and he being serious.  the other $100K.  anything more than $60K I rather start fresh.  I hope you sell your soon.

Re: Shop For Sale

bcwcardz
250000, what was that guy smoking? These shops are worthless now. Im sorry to say but this is a dying profession with less and less people becoming involved. Even 25-30 grand for a smog shop is asking  too  much. All the hassles, unknowns, and State crap are just too much. The smog machines are only scrap  now. RIP smog check

Re: Shop For Sale

Net is only 4-5K a month?? Rather be an employee..

Re: Shop For Sale

Troll
There is some guy who sends out fliers claiming to sell test only shops for 500k all day long
He must be smoking or doing whippets and I don't mean the dogs

Re: Shop For Sale

wretched
You would rather be an employee???...Who would pay you $1,000-$1,250 a week to smog mostly 8-10 plug-in smogs,and sit around most of the time talking on the phone and reading your tablet???I have it good here,better then most smog techs that have a boss breathing down their neck.I pick and choose which cars I want to smog and I work short bank hours,9-5 weekdays,9-1 Sat.Let me know if you find a job like this...Take Care...:)

Re: Shop For Sale

loptru
This shop is for sale at $19,000, net is around 5k.
The owner is sick of having hiring an employee to run the shop and not making any money.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bfs/5729267691.html

I have the same thought as yours, making only 5k a month is not worth to have a headache as the owner.

Re: Shop For Sale

wretched
I am open to all REASONABLE offers...:)

Re: Shop For Sale

smogido
loptru wrote
This shop is for sale at $19,000, net is around 5k.
The owner is sick of having hiring an employee to run the shop and not making any money.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bfs/5729267691.html

I have the same thought as yours, making only 5k a month is not worth to have a headache as the owner.
Do you know the owner and the land owner?
I have been watching this add for a while now. But hesitant to buy it because of the rent to high i think. If the owner of the land willing to bring it down below 1500 i might consider with long lease. Send me an email if you know any more info.
Thanks

Re: Shop For Sale

loptru
No , i don't know him, i only talked to him once.

Re: Shop For Sale

Smog Monkey wrote
You would rather be an employee???...Who would pay you $1,000-$1,250 a week to smog mostly 8-10 plug-in smogs,and sit around most of the time talking on the phone and reading your tablet???I have it good here,better then most smog techs that have a boss breathing down their neck.I pick and choose which cars I want to smog and I work short bank hours,9-5 weekdays,9-1 Sat.Let me know if you find a job like this...Take Care...:)
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with FX. Why pay $30,000 to buy a job for six days a week that will only make you $60,000/yr and take all the risks as a business owner?

Re: Shop For Sale

Kriss Vector

Re: Shop For Sale

Best Answer I Can Give
 Funny @ 8\10 years ago I could have sold for @400.000.

Re: Shop For Sale

Re: Shop For Sale

Low-score
<quote author="FiendFX">
Net is only 4-5K a month?? Rather be an employee..
</quote
Well,everyone has their pros and cons.I been a test only owner for +15 years and nothing compares on being your own boss as to put up with a boss that might want you to do illegal smogs,control your hours,make you clean their restrooms.Also it depends on the new owner,doing advertisement,specials,add oil change ,etc,etc that will bring higher revenue.as to put up with the BAR, you have to regardless,being a tech or being an owner.But to think someone would rather be an employee than a business owner makes me giggle a little.

Re: Shop For Sale

FiendFX
Low score,

Why would you say that? Is it really worth that extra $1000-$2000 for headaches? I mean, if you think it's worth it, then you can buy it..
12