Simple Yes or No.

justa
Banned User

Re: Simple Yes or No.

Since you are a test only the answer should always be NO. It the same as BAR97, at the end it ask "were their any emission related repairs done".

Re: Simple Yes or No.

justa
Banned User

Re: Simple Yes or No.

FiendFX
Even if I sale a gas cap or I reconnect a vacuum line, I still would enter NO. That option is for repair stations. Where they enter in the labor rate and such. I would just write on the VIR what I had done.

Re: Simple Yes or No.

justa
Banned User

Re: Simple Yes or No.

FiendFX
If you are referring about the comment box, yes, I would write what I did in there. OIS, you don't get gas cap. But at the end it asks, any repairs done, I would put NO.

Re: Simple Yes or No.

Re: Simple Yes or No.

FiendFX
I know what you mean Barry. But I got my ass covered. OIS, gap cap are not required to be checked. States it in the Smog Manual 2013 and there is no option in OIS asks to check gas cap. :)

Re: Simple Yes or No.

Midnightdrummer
Wouldn't gas cap technically be part of the EVAP system?

Re: Simple Yes or No.

FiendFX
0You can consider it. I'm just going in the accordance with the OIS procedure.

Re: Simple Yes or No.

Midnightdrummer
1.3.3 of the manual says to visually inspect gas caps for liquid fuel leaks. I guess it's really up to the inspector on checking them out for cracks and what not. Maybe BAR will sent a blast out if its talked about enough haha

Re: Simple Yes or No.

justa
Banned User

Re: Simple Yes or No.

Midnightdrummer
Takes what? 10 seconds to pop the door, unscrew, glance, and put it back? Maybe you'll even sell a cap from it. Really might as well check it out...

Re: Simple Yes or No.

I put a "no" on those in that situation.

Funny thing about that entry: All the crowing and bleating from the BAR about the "49% refail"  that started this whole mess, not one mention of the results from "Were repairs performed on this vehicle?" and "Did you perform the repairs?"

The purported high refail rate was such a fucking mystery forcing the conclusion of fraud... well, it seems to me that a large part of the answer is right there in those entries!
If it ain't broke, break it.

Re: Simple Yes or No.

simple no is the answer . As for the gas cap, it is part of the evap and i have been checking that they are there . it is part of the visual but no longer part of the functional test . at least that is what i can deduce from the smog check manual .

Re: Simple Yes or No.

On the BAR 97, even if you don't test the gas cap, you still need to check it.

On OIS, you are NOT  required to check gas cap. Remember... No timing, no gas cap, no emissions?

Check the test chart on 00 and up vehicles and see what it says..

Re: Simple Yes or No.

howyoudothatthere
i would type "maybe"

Re: Simple Yes or No.

Midnightdrummer
FiendFX wrote
On the BAR 97, even if you don't test the gas cap, you still need to check it.

On OIS, you are NOT  required to check gas cap. Remember... No timing, no gas cap, no emissions?

Check the test chart on 00 and up vehicles and see what it says..
The chart isn't really clear on visually checking the gas cap. I agree with you and I see what you're seeing, the chart says you are not required to do the functional  test for fuel cap integrity, but visual wise everything is the same between BAR97 and OIS besides TAC. So it really depends if you consider looking at the gas cap as part of a visual inspection or functional inspection.

EDIT: The post below looks like it proves the integrity test is visual AND functional so I would take it as gas caps don't have to be checked

Re: Simple Yes or No.

Midnightdrummer

I would say FiendFX is right based on this
12