Since we know BAR is not going to volunteer any information that will help us, and we know based on the sneaky UC runs they don't mind trampling on us, What about OIS do you think we need to know. Time it takes to perform OIS, good visuals, etc.

Since we know BAR is not going to volunteer any information that will help us, and we know based on the sneaky UC runs they don't mind trampling on us, What about OIS do you think we need to know. Time it takes to perform OIS, good visuals, etc.

mikesmobile
What info is being compiled with the new OIS that wasn't with BAR 97.
Mike

Re: Since we know BAR is not going to volunteer any information that will help us, and we know based on the sneaky UC runs they don't mind trampling on us, What about OIS do you think we need to know. Time it takes to perform OIS, good visuals, etc.

mikesmobile
BAR should have let us see our report cards long before STAR, but BAR kept us blind, they either don't care, or they want to keep us blind. Report card would have helped alot, and probably would have prevented alot of UC runs and citations by not throwing all the red flags. We should've known what data they were compiling on us.
Mike

Information is power, and those who want to administrate would prefer that the information be controlled as much as possible.

Re: Since we know BAR is not going to volunteer any information that will help us, and we know based on the sneaky UC runs they don't mind trampling on us, What about OIS do you think we need to know. Time it takes to perform OIS, good visuals, etc.

"What info is being compiled with the new OIS that wasn't with BAR 97"

Everything.  The on board computer knows where that vehicle has been it's whole life.  Where it's been, how long it's been there, how fast you got there, etc.

The NSA wants to know.

I wonder if the ACLU is onboard with this....

deviationmaster
I think the most important is decoding the VIN done by OIS

Re: Since we know BAR is not going to volunteer any information that will help us, and we know based on the sneaky UC runs they don't mind trampling on us, What about OIS do you think we need to know. Time it takes to perform OIS, good visuals, etc.

Just the Facts

Re: Since we know BAR is not going to volunteer any information that will help us, and we know based on the sneaky UC runs they don't mind trampling on us, What about OIS do you think we need to know. Time it takes to perform OIS, good visuals, etc.

A little paranoid are we? A little gun-shy? OBD2 is just a tool. It is a well developed and a welcomed addition to the tool box, nothing more. The political fact that our smog program has been reduced to this is our own fault. The fact that we accept blame as UC cars fine us and entrap us is our own fault. We take the polluter and treat him like customers cause that is our job. Each time you smog a car you are the interface between the system you loath and the customer who feeds your family, not a good or fair place. The accuracy of the new system will be laughable but deadly in a way that is again our fault. The next round of enforcement will be between you and documentation. They will no longer have to set you up they will just count on the human error that has always been, and the inherant error of the program itself. So when you get that wrong EO number and issue a cert, your busted. When you get a configuration from VIN and input different equiptment your busted. When you pass too many or fail too many your singled out for the big test. Guys it is a game now, nothing to do with actually lowering pollution. Many have treated this program as a numbers game destroying it in the process. You and myself included ruin the price and integrity by thinking that the consumer will be happy with a lower price and happy with a less stressfull attitude. All the while BAR is laughing cause if it were their program the consumer would be dealing with a government entity similar to DMV. Of course the public would feel the same way they do about DMV and have the same amount of transparecy and responsivness, none. It is a game guys, we done it and now we need to learn it while we can still play it. Jury still out whether they take it over but the judge has spoken that it is changing and not for the better. So be carefull out there and charge more which will ease the pain.

JM