Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

Lili
$19.95 Smog Inspection Special 1-6pm
(Additional $4 on Fri-Mon)

Regular price $61.75. Bring a printed copy of the ad or show it on your smartphone to get the price.
Restrictions
If your car passes, the state of California will charge you a fee of $8.25 for the smog certificate.
The state of California requires an EVAP test for vehicles older than 1996. There is a fee of $15 for that state mandated test.
Please display this ad before the test has taken place
Additional fees
$5 for vehicles like trucks, pick-ups, SUVs, large vans, minivans, station wagons and Utility Vehicles.
$5 for vehicles that are required to have Star validation.
$10 for vehicles older than 2000
$50 for RVs under 25 feet in length and $60 for above 25 feet.
$5 more to get moved to the front of the wait queue
This offer requires a DMV renewal notice.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

none
$5 to get to the front of the line? That should piss some people off who are patiently waiting.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

444O444
I don't think the person who wants to test his/her car for $19.95 is willing to spend another $5 to skip the line.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

No One
444O444 wrote
I don't think the person who wants to test his/her car for $19.95 is willing to spend another $5 to skip the line.
aint that the truth!!

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

KeepItReal
Lili wrote
$5 more to get moved to the front
I wonder what he does when 2 people show up at the same time saying they'll pay $5 to be in the front of the line.

He'll probably ask if one of them will be willing to pay $6

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

planters
With such low prices the owner is only making enough to cover his rent and other expenses, if that.

This place is probably in the ghetto where the cars have extremely high failure rate, but the shop will pass it under the table for extra couple hundred bucks. That's how they make their money.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

none
If it is a coupon he is paying for I wonder if the guy is even breaking even.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

$5 to advance from the back of the line.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

defective

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

defective

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

If it is a coupon he is paying for I wonder if the guy is even breaking even.
That's $37-38($33-34 on sat and sunday) per car with the coupon. His normal price is $61.75. How many people are showing up with this coupon vs the regulars without the coupon? And he also open everyday of the week.

$31.75 Smog change Web Special
Regular price $61.75. Bring a printed copy of the ad or show it on your smartphone to get the price. Restrictions  •One retest included if you dont pass for cars newer than 2000. Cars older than 2000 will get a discounted price
•Discount available all day every day.
•Does not include state fees if your car passes.
•The state of California requires an EVAP test for vehicles older than 1996. There is a fee of $15 for that state mandated test.
•The coupon must be shown before the work order is written
•Additional fees
◦$5 for vehicles that are required to have Star validation.
◦$5 for vehicles like trucks, pick-ups, SUVs, large vans, minivans, station wagons and Utility Vehicles.
◦$5 for out of state vehicles.
◦$10 for vehicles older than 2000
◦$50 for RVs under 25 feet in length and $60 for above 25 feet.
◦$5 additional to move to the front of the wait queue

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

defective wrote

What is this from? A customer review?

This offer requires a DMV renewal notice.
So the website has three diff coupons. They have to be outdated. I click on the coupon part of the website and it goes 31.75 and no longer show the other ones.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

user7112
No one gets mad at this going for up-charging them once they get there?

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

planters
user7112 wrote
No one gets mad at this going for up-charging them once they get there?

Its a huge headache having to explain all those crazy fees to everyone, then having to deal with the complaints about the crazy fees on top of it.

Not worth the effort unless the smog tech is into  sadomasochism.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

STAR is Racist
We had to take down our $36.75 sign cuz too many people complaining that they got over charged, we took down our "We Smog 99 and Older" sign cuz people think that's all we smog and we even took down our "We Smog Diesel" sign for the same reason.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

No One
STAR is Racist wrote
We had to take down our $36.75 sign cuz too many people complaining that they got over charged, we took down our "We Smog 99 and Older" sign cuz people think that's all we smog and we even took down our "We Smog Diesel" sign for the same reason.
God damn mouth breathing customers.

Re: Sir. Please go there. I refuse to match prices that are from the 1980s

Evil Morty
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.