Slow

1234567 ... 34

Re: Slow

Calibration Required

cosmokramertheassman wrote
Calibration, where is your shop located? On my best days I do around 12-15. Lots of competition around here.

Near Pasadena. We're very busy all the time but its been very strange as of late. Today I did 18 but for us that is dead.

The shop owner isnt panicking, but he is getting a bit worried ...

Re: Slow

Centralized Smog wrote
Super slow here. Reminds me of the time a few years ago when DMV didn't know what to charge for the registration fee so none of the reg renewal papers were sent.
  I remember that time , the stupid state gov. in their efforts to acquire more money for their pensions and bonuses , held back the dmv registrations for about two months ! everyone was told that it would not cause them to pay extra late fees , and then when they did come out , we were swamped to the rafters with panicked customers !
Ron

Re: Slow

Ron
For Friday today was ok with normal numbers of smog test. I hope Saturday will be better. See you tomorrow

Re: Slow

FiendFX
Not too bad but still slow..

Re: Slow

Iheartbar
How much are you guys charging?

i'm sitting on 12 right now, feels great man. Its only noon! i raised my price to 60 for ASM, 70 for trucks/vans

Re: Slow

I'm sitting on ten right now.  The boss told me to take a lunch break, with one still waiting in the parking lot!  Otherwise, I wouldn't even be posting right now.

The first two of the day were a '94 Previa and an OBD1 Motorhome, but I just mumbled a tiny bit, put my head down, and gotterdun.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: Slow

007
Good job Barryman, keep up that attitude, hope you charged accordingly, I would love to start everyday off with those to cars, that's an easy $200.00.
Ron

Re: Slow

Ron
So far so good sitting on 17. Slow for Saturday thou. I charge $40 for newers and $50 for oldies (asm)

Re: Slow

I rather do previas than OBD1 motorhomes.

Re: Slow

Calibration Required
FiendFX wrote
I rather do previas than OBD1 motorhomes.
I tell the customer $125 for Previas. Everytime I see a motorhome anywhere even remotely in the vicinity I pray that he keeps on going. We charge $80 but still, its a royal PITA! Vans are a PITA as well ... makes me appreciate the Accords and Camrys all that much more.

Re: Slow

FiendFX
i charge the vice versa of yours.

Re: Slow

007 wrote
... hope you charged accordingly, I would love to start everyday off with those to cars, that's an easy $200.00.
I don't quote prices or interact with customers much ... that's the boss' job.  I'm salaried, so it doesn't really matter what I do, as long as I do enough to avoid getting fired or laid off.

I'm holding at 14 now.  It would have been 16, but I rejected a smoking Saturn retest and a 2006 Honda S2000 with a missing underhood label and no evidence that there was ever any air injection system (the books said it should be there, but I didn't want to be a dick, and told him to bring it back with an appropriate underhood label).

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: Slow

FiendFX
2006 s2000 doesn't have air injection anymore..

Re: Slow

And no MINI ever had AIR, who else wants to shove that book up the writers ass?

Re: Slow

FiendFX
My first time doing a mini with no ECS label, I checked the book it said AIR. Hooked up the scanner and check if there is AIR monitor, NO. From then on I learned something about the Motor ECS book.
sd

Re: Slow

sd
september numbers of smog for my station are down by 15%. Let see what October brings.

Re: Slow

007
even though September has felt slow, we are up about 10% over last September, so last year we must have been bouncing off the walls from bordem.
SD

Re: Slow

SD
Look like we are moving towards the slowest October.
Better go fishing

Re: Slow

welcome to october
SD

Re: Slow

SD
Its almost 4 pm and I am sitting on 11 smogs. Normally I do 20 plus.
1234567 ... 34