Smog Check Manual

FiendFX
Where in the smog check manual states that if motorhome is how many gallons is exempt from EVAP test?

Re: Smog Check Manual

Johnnybeme
What is the question? The only parameters for EVAP are (Year Make Model) and (Number of tanks)

Re: Smog Check Manual

StarTech
http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/evap-system-testable-on-motorhomes-td5010544.html#a5010548

some discussion on it.. but personally I don't ever do it on motorhomes never got dinged.

Re: Smog Check Manual

I recall if the tank's capacity is too big, it doesn't required EVAP test.

Re: Smog Check Manual

none
https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/LPFETSpecifications.pdf

Not in the manual though. Rocky did say that it isn't required in the last update class but it is up to you.

Re: Smog Check Manual

Johnnybeme
Yep no regulation of size just on the amount, 2 or more exempt.

Re: Smog Check Manual

none
https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/LPFETSpecifications.pdf 3.2.2

Re: Smog Check Manual

My Name is Nobody
FiendFX wrote
Where in the smog check manual states that if motorhome is how many gallons is exempt from EVAP test?
In the 2017 smog check manual, page 26 when approved.

https://smogcheck.ca.gov/pdf/Proposed_2017_Smog_Check_Manual.pdf

Re: Smog Check Manual

none
NOBODY, You never cease to amaze me how you can find this stuff.

Re: Smog Check Manual

D Rochells 150861
Yeah, thanks I've been looking for that for months.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Smog Check Manual

FiendFX
Same here.. So how do I know if it's over 50 gallons?

Re: Smog Check Manual

Whip out a flashlight, creeper, tape measure, pad and pen, and a calculator of course ...

Re: Smog Check Manual

D Rochells 150861
I would also accept a video showing the gas gauge at empty, and then subsequent filling of the gas tank with 50 gallons of an acceptable volume testing fluid.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!