Smog DADdy

TheSmogDog
Hey guys, I've been thinking about purchasing a smog DADdy in addition to my DAD unit. What are your guys' thoughts, opinions, etc. On it? Good idea?

Re: Smog DADdy

BasicTech678
TheSmogDog wrote
Hey guys, I've been thinking about purchasing a smog DADdy in addition to my DAD unit. What are your guys' thoughts, opinions, etc. On it? Good idea?
great service they are really helpful when you call in i have the Bluetooth wireless unit the range is amazing reaches farther than it should definitely father than any 20ft cable anyone else offers.

Re: Smog DADdy

Are you buying it as a spare? I personally would not because BAR is working on a new DAD to replace the ones we have now. I see more problems with everything else than the actual DAD itself.

Re: Smog DADdy

I wouldn't as the system is due to change againĀ

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Smog-DADdy-tp5082159.html

Re: Smog DADdy

Are you buying it as a spare? I personally would not because BAR is working on a new DAD to replace the ones we have now. I see more problems with everything else than the actual DAD itself.
where did you read this?

Re: Smog DADdy

none
BasicTech678 wrote
none wrote
It's on BAR's web site as meeting notes. I was asked by someone at BAR if there was something I would change on the OIS system.

Re: Smog DADdy

Are you buying it as a spare? I personally would not because BAR is working on a new DAD to replace the ones we have now. I see more problems with everything else than the actual DAD itself.
Need the sauce on this plz. I was thinking about buying a spare DAD my self.

Also what did you suggest?

Re: Smog DADdy

none
No One wrote
Need the sauce on this plz. I was thinking about buying a spare DAD my self.
I'm too busy to search it now but basically they said it will have more security protocols.

No One wrote
Also what did you suggest?
I don't like how soon the timer starts to kick me off. If I need to look up EO#s or search canister locations on ALLDATA or sorting something else out I almost always come back to the timer counting down telling me "YOU'RE TAKING TOO LONG!". It's not really a big deal but it gets me feeling like I need to rush to get done in time.

Re: Smog DADdy

none
Starts on page 8. https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/SmogCheck_Program_Update_1.17.19.pdf

Re: Smog DADdy

TheSmogDog
That's what I heard. yeah it was gonna be an extra I was just thinking about it since my shop will get real busy all at once. probably best not to rush though.

Re: Smog DADdy

TheSmogDog
Thanks so much for the info, im gonna hold up on it