Smog Not in System

keiji
Is anyone else having the same problem where the customer tries to renew their registration but the system says it's not in the system even though the BAR history shows it passed?

Re: Smog Not in System

Able
Yes!

I do auto registration at my shop and were having the same issue.

Tell customer its in the system, but the DMV is slow to update the results due to COVID-19.

Assure with the customer that its in and they have that HARD COPY as proof.

Re: Smog Not in System

Best Answer I Can Give
 About 8 in the last week.

Re: Smog Not in System

none
I've been hearing that a lot lately too.

Re: Smog Not in System

Able wrote
Yes!

I do auto registration at my shop and were having the same issue.

Tell customer its in the system, but the DMV is slow to update the results due to COVID-19.

Assure with the customer that its in and they have that HARD COPY as proof.
hard copy doesn't mean shit unless its in the system.

Re: Smog Not in System

805smogtech
get calls about it every day. some 3-4 weeks after they have passed smog. i just tell them its a dmv thing, and to keep their VIR copy. seems everyone throws away their hard copy, even though we always say to hang on until they have tags in hand lol

Re: Smog Not in System

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hard copies don't mean shit ??????
 NO DMV workers are to DAMN lazy.

 We do Reg. Services here all the time. It is not in the system?  There is a box you check off and send in a HARD COPY and they take it.

Re: Smog Not in System

2002
Yup. Did a smog and told the customer to wait till tomorrow to pay the fees at the DMV kiosk. She came back with a receipt the next day and the paper said the smog was never done.

Re: Smog Not in System

dcf1ver
No One wrote
hard copy doesn't mean shit unless its in the system.
I disagree. The hard copy at least has the certificate number on it and is proof of service.

Re: Smog Not in System

No One
dcf1ver wrote
No One wrote
hard copy doesn't mean shit unless its in the system.
I disagree. The hard copy at least has the certificate number on it and is proof of service.
I had a customer call me from the dmv because the smog wasn't in the system and the dmv worker would not accept the paper. I did a data refresh while on the phone and the smog showed up afterwards. The dmv worker then gave them their tags.

Re: Smog Not in System

DMV also makes that statement when the cert is more than 90 days old.  They can't tell the customer that, they think it's better to say it's not in the system so they'll go back to the shop and say WTF?
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: Smog Not in System

SoCalSmogGuy
No One wrote
I had a customer call me from the dmv because the smog wasn't in the system and the dmv worker would not accept the paper. I did a data refresh while on the phone and the smog showed up afterwards. The dmv worker then gave them their tags.
That DMV employee was incorrect and did not know how to do their job.

Two situations where this is annoying for the client, paying online or paying via kiosk. All other options will accept a hard copy of the cert. You don't even need hard copy of cert, you can print a record of your 'Vehicle Test History' and by DMV rules®s that will suffice. Some people want to go above and beyond their job duties.
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: Smog Not in System

No One
I once printed out the OIS cert in Spanish for my customer and the person at triple AAA refused to accept it because it was in Spanish. Long story short she ended up accepting it.

Re: Smog Not in System

BasicTech678
LMAO she couldnt translate the cert number or what

Re: Smog Not in System

Able
okay okay, its getting ridiculous, I got a customer smog 3 weeks ago and smog is still not in the system.

of course customer drop by the shop and made a big scene. Gave them the routine speech about COVID-19 and how everything is backed up by the DMV.

Double checked my work and VIN and Checked vehicle history as well.

oh did I mentioned this is the 3rd customer is month already? Thanks for making our work even harder DMV.

Re: Smog Not in System

none
D said "When DMV takes payment as rdf, cert will never arrive. Usually this only happens in person or via kiosk. Due to covid some payments made online or by mail went rdf and will never arrive."

Re: Smog Not in System

Best Answer I Can Give
 For those who don't know, RDF is , report Deposit of Fees.
The DMV or those who do DMV stuff can issue a RDF if something is not complete. IE a smog check, face it all DMV wants is the $$$$$$$.

 Now why it may RDFed on line or at a Kiosk I don't know. I do know that RDF can only be cleared after you have turned back in the issued RDF. RDF  does not clear itself.

 This is all based on over 20 years of doing DMV stuff.