Smog OIS smog daddy locking/hanging up

Gabeluq
Hello I have a applus smog daddy device, and recently (about 2-3 months) its been locking up during inspections on Ford vehicles only. It will just endlessly buffer during the data acquisition portion. It fails the DAD diagnostic, and I have to restart the computer several times to finally get it to pass. Once it passes it works again and I can finish the inspection.

This only happens on Ford vehicles, not all of them. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Re: Smog OIS smog daddy locking/hanging up

Kevin
I would call for service when we were having those issues it was a software update that was needed for the units that repaired the concern

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020, 4:37 PM Gabeluq [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello I have a applus smog daddy device, and recently (about 2-3 months) its been locking up during inspections on Ford vehicles only. It will just endlessly buffer during the data acquisition portion. It fails the DAD diagnostic, and I have to restart the computer several times to finally get it to pass. Once it passes it works again and I can finish the inspection.

This only happens on Ford vehicles, not all of them. Has anyone ran into this issue?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Smog-OIS-smog-daddy-locking-hanging-up-tp5082141.html

Re: Smog OIS smog daddy locking/hanging up

I get low voltage warnings with my DREW DAD on FORDs only. It might be related.

I had a problem ONE TIME on my APPLUS DAD. I disconnected everything and reconnected and it was fine. I think it was caused by a poor connection somewhere.