Smog Tech Union?

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Re: Smog Tech Union?

smoginstructor
Its already in the works, its more of an association.

Re: Smog Tech Union?

Accused
Unions bargain on behalf of workers against their employers.  That isn't the problem we are having.  The testing industry has an association (CETIA) but it speaks on behalf of a select group of owners - they seem to generally favor STAR.

Individual techs need to be spoken for at the state level.  If an association can be created and funded for that purpose, good.  The funding part is where the difficulty comes in.  No one listens to groups with no clout and an association like this would be directly opposing BAR, ARB and other lobby groups with lots of money.

I'd love to see it happen if it is really possible.  Keep us posted.

Re: Smog Tech Union?

crazy8
Union, no way I'll close first.

Re: Smog Tech Union?

smogmeister
By the power of Greyskull!

Re: Smog Tech Union?

Kevin
Might help standardize wages for new techs vs more seasoned

Re: Smog Tech Union?

xcinlb
Any one on here member of CETIA? Their webpage looks a bit outdated?