Smog license

San Jose Tech
Does having a smog license make you ASE certified ?

Re: Smog license

none
NO

Re: Smog license

No it does not. The to agencies are not affiliated. Additionally getting your refrigeration compliance for 609 certification does not make you ASE certified either it just makes you certified for refrigeration

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019, 8:57 AM San Jose Tech [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email] wrote:
Does having a smog license make you ASE certified ?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Smog-license-tp5071601.html

Re: Smog license

San Jose Tech
How complex is it to get ASE certified for automotive shop
Timeframe weeks / months ?
ASE employee prospect
Thank you

Re: Smog license

kfworry
Why not go to www.ase.com and do your own research on how to
get ASE Certification.
It is that easy. All you ever wanted to know about ASE is at the
click of a mouse.

Re: Smog license

kfworry
If you have limited automotive diagnostic and repair experience it would
be a benefit for you to attend automotive classes that prepare you for
whatever ASE certificates you want to test for.
Get the basics in the classroom and the "school of hard knocks"
in the shop.

Re: Smog license

Sorry dude- that is just a real dumb question.

Re: Smog license

909Wrench
Is does make you certified...as in legally insane

Re: Smog license

Best Answer I Can Give
 To me it's, Who didn't do the right thing?
Did the person asking the question, not get it when that was taught? Or did the teacher not teach things right?

 Some times it's not the student, but the teacher.

Re: Smog license

kfworry
ASE certificates are One Thing, the "School of Hard Knocks" is priceless.

Re: Smog license

Best Answer I Can Give
 Truth be KNOWN, anyone can be a ASE Master Tech. Just have the Uniform company sew the badge on the shirt.

  WHO CHECKS?????

Re: Smog license

D Rochells 150861
Brilliant, I have a couple badges for sale if anyone wants to play master tech
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Smog license

Truth be KNOWN, anyone can be a ASE Master Tech. Just have the Uniform company sew the badge on the shirt.

  WHO CHECKS?????
"WHO CHECKS?" Toyota does if you work for them. A potential employer may too.

Re: Smog license

I'll probably keep all nine of my ASEs until I'm retired or senile ... it takes such an insignificant amount of my time, money and effort to scorch through the re-certs every five years, and they look good on a résumé ...

Re: Smog license

Best Answer I Can Give
 None, you are right. I was just thinking about some fly by night shop, that want to impress the customer.
 Small shop, like ours shops. Some CLOWN wants to impress the consumer. Nothing is stopping them is there?

Re: Smog license

I get it. I don't have patches or anything ASE displayed on my wall.

Re: Smog license

I get it. I don't have patches or anything ASE displayed on my wall.
Me neither.   I don't wear any patches.  I don't care if anyone knows my name or my certifications.

I was all gung-ho back in the 90s.  I joined ASCCA, STS, iATN, and became a CMAT with an L1.  The only reason I have an L3 is because I wanted to see if I could pass it.  Everyone online back in the day was saying we should raise the industry by being certified and belonging to trade organizations.

The truth is the majority of owners and techs don't care.  The majority of the driving public doesn't care.

Re: Smog license

Newbiesmogtech
So much truth in your statement, how often do consumers see ASE certified shops and decide to go there because they must be good. Your skills show in your work. That title no longer holds the same value as it once did. A lot of consumers nowadays dont even know what that means to be honest. It does look good on a resume though. Yet i'm still trying to pass the L1 ;(