SmogNearMe.com - The Uber Of Smog Station Locations > GPS Based Station Locator

12345 ... 7

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

Best Answer I Can Give
 Mr. Ed, you just proved what a piece of shit lire you are. We do it for free in bold letters. BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY DOSE A THING FOR FREE!

 First off UBER. You are using and playing on the UBER taxi system. A person types in UBER and up comes your site.It's like "Yellow Book" using the Yellow Pages reputation.

 When some clown phones me about CC processing and it won't cost you a penny, I always want to yell BULL SHIT, HOW IN THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING PAID.

 Mr Ed, don't try to sugar coat it. You are making money on other people s name. One of the lowest forms of life.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

Ed L
You bring up a good point. Unfortunately, we do live in an age where people live with their head own looking at their phone. Likely oblivious to smog stations they pass daily. We simply have created a GPS based geo location service that shows each stations locations around them. All stations are presented equally irrespective of station type or the vehicle type requiring service. Even if the shop is 2 weeks old or 20 years old, all present equally.

The service is free for the first locations to map in any area. Then we do charge a fee for other stations that list within 2/5 miles of that listed location. We charge a fee as we provide a service. We deliver drivers the nearest smog stations to their location and detail the stations amenities in a professional manner. Probably best you don't list your station.

 Get off our site. IT'S NOT FOR YOU TO MAKE MONEY. NOT ON MY BACK.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

Ed L
Thank you for your time. From reading all of your other posts, on other topics. We realize your anger in general is not directed at us in particular.

We would actually prefer you do not list your station.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

Best Answer I Can Give
 No asshole fucking people WELFARE people that want to make money because you are to fucking lazy to visit each station GO FUCK OFF Your a lazy FUCK.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

Umbrella Coorperation

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

I'm not the only administrator here, so I'll shoot smoginstructor an e-mail tonight and see what he thinks.  I don't mind nuking obvious spam, but IMO Ed is in a different class than most, so I'm more-or-less neutral regarding this particular thread.  I agree with Umbrella that there's no need for anyone to get his or her undies in a knot, but my view is not universally shared, as evidenced by the abuse generated from the Jesus-freak threads from a couple of years ago.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

 Ok let's look at the name. Uber. Uber Ride share\Taxi service is all over the news. Good or bad it's in the mind of the people. Now you type in Uber and up pops his site. Playing on Ubers name.

 He get's on this site. To lazy to send out a mailer, to lazy to get off his butt and visit shop's. He's no different than the guy who phones looking for a job. It shows me there to fucking lazy to get off there ass.

 Nobody does something for nothing PERIOD. He tells you it's free BULL someone some where will pay.

 He has yet to turn a honest days work. He's using something we all need to try to make money.

 This site was set up to try and stop the STAR program. It has morphed into help smog tech out site. It has not and should never turn into help me make money on the hard working mans back.

 The person is no better than a Welfare leech, collecting money while others work.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

Ed L
Thank you (With thanks also to Umbrella Corp). We are a legitimate company and have also sent mailers to many owner/operators informing them of the service. By no means supposed to antagonize anyone. By our own admission, we are not smog technicians and the forum itself has been educational as to the daily complexities of the industry. We do not want to get in the way of troubleshooting between technicians and questions fielded for feedback. We are also technicians but in a different field. CST is a complex algorithm and its sole purpose is to connect drivers to stations. We're here as a guest simply trying to earn the right to become a valuable resource for station owners. We are working for free listing all the initial stations mapped free of charge. Eventually with enough free stations listed, we will be charging owners a modest $40 per month. But at this stage, the platform should be delivering 10X that in new customers for each station.

For any owner who advertises with Google Adwords etc. You will know each station is essentially bidding against the other to get top priority listing. Google ends up being the only real winners. With us, as proven when you visit the site. The top 9 nearest stations instantly present to a driver no matter where they are. Fair to all, without bidding against each other for search (google) listing priority. The driver wants the nearest, owners want the drivers nearby. We like to think we have achieved that & we are enhancing the CST's performance daily.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

Best Answer I Can Give
 Your still looking to make money on our backs.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

cosmokramertheassman
Besta, he's not making anything off of you if you're one of the first to list your shop in your area. The people who are late to list are the ones who make him money. It's really not that complex.

 I give up. If you guys want to let someone sell pop up ads as there looking for your shop. KNOCK YOURSELF OUT.

Thank you.

We do not display pop up ads. Our directory is clean as seen.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

cosmokramertheassman
Do you not advertise with Google? They make money off of everyone's back just as you are insisting. You don't have to participate if you don't want to. It's a simple as that. You didn't have to go off on the guy for trying to infuse some tech into this old fashioned industry.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

"BEST ANSWER", Here is how I look at it. When I started my smog shop I smogged a lot of cars for free for owners of repair shops. I was doing it to get referrals and get my name established. I still test the personal cars of a lot of these shop owners who refer me work. They tell me I should charge them because they will still send me the work since I treat the customers right but for me it is payment for years of free advertising.

ED wants to get his web app going so he asks us to post our businesses on his sight so it looks good and in turn we get free exposure.

I think he is good at what he does and responds to feedback quickly. Within 24 hours he had the pricing meeting BAR's guidelines. I hope he does well.

A few other things BEST ANSWER, "UBER" is a German word. It loosely means "ABOVE". It was used widely before the taxi service came around. CAR & DRIVER uses it often in their magazine to describe something as the top one.

Best Answer I Can Give wrote
Get off our site...
It isn't our site. It belongs to the attorneys who started it.

There are plenty of non smog related things posted on this web site. A Jet Ski loosing oil pressure comes to mind. I don't think it is an issue and there a certain things posted that I don't care about so I just don't read those.

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

Ed L
Thank you, we are new and doing our utmost to perfect the content. We are literally coding in what we have learned from all the professionals on the forum while trying to maintain simplicity in display for drivers. As promised, BAR compliance has been added (thank you for your feedback). Also the team are adding an EVAP section as I type. For all existing listings, you will be able to easily update pricing break downs by 6Pm this evening in the edit listing section. (Simply enter your shops phone number & edit the pricing section).

Edit Directory Listing Section

Re: Uber of Smog Station Locations

 None, Never once did I want your money or to make money on your reputation. That is a major difference.

 No we own this site. The lawyers make the money on the pop ups but we own the site without us NO POP UPS= No money.