SmogTips.Com

xcinlb
Any shops here advertise with SmogTips.com? Around my area, it looks like all the bargain shops are on there. There is even a test and repair shop advertising for $19.00 plus cert (small print: Most 2000 and newer cars). They must be pulling some bait and switch stuff, or they just loose money on smogs and hope for repairs. But still, most smogs won't need repairs so they are just loosing money. Anyway, if you advertise on this site, how does it work for you?
iha

Re: SmogTips.Com

iha
I use there advertising since 2007, they use to charge $300/month and now there at $125/month. I think it is worthwhile because it does not compete with Ad-words or Bing for real-estate on the computer or mobile screen.

Re: SmogTips.Com

God came into my shop the other day and he said the key to success is to advertise like crazy.

For $99.95 a month, I don't see a downside other than getting new customers coming in.

Re: SmogTips.Com

My question would be how many NEW customers do you get from it a month? Are you discounting your price on there?

Re: SmogTips.Com

BlueSky
iha wrote
I use there advertising since 2007, they use to charge $300/month and now there at $125/month. I think it is worthwhile because it does not compete with Ad-words or Bing for real-estate on the computer or mobile screen.
I've been with them since 2007 also.  They use to charge me $75.00 per month and that included in my case a premium $25 banner ad where my ad would be at the top when customers searched in 9 different zip codes.  You had to pay the whole year in advance.  Each year the ad went up about $150.  Then all of a sudden there was no more banner ad and the price kept going up $150 each year.  Then a few years ago they started billing by the month.  They are now charging me $175 each month.

Re: SmogTips.Com

Ser Dan
Same, $175 a month for me as well.
I don't recommend it if your in my area but if we are not competing for customers Go for it
$175 a month wont make or break your shop. At the very least I think you'll get new people to come in and you get a shot at charming them into come back to your shop for smogs and smog repairs

Re: SmogTips.Com

manboobs
Last shop I worked at used smogtips for about a year. Only saw maybe 2-3 of the coupons per month.  Had better luck with Google ads.

Re: SmogTips.Com

deathbysmog
Best thing to do is pay big bucks, and have someone get you to the top of google and bing, its unbelievable how many people just go to the first place that pops up on google.

Re: SmogTips.Com

xcinlb
So for those that advertise on the site, what is your offer? Like I said all the ones in my area are about $29 plus cert, except for one that is advertising $19 plus cert.  My cheapest w a coupon is about $55, so it wouldn't work for us. By the offers, it looks like they are attracting bottom feeders, usually old cars?

Re: SmogTips.Com

No One
Bottom of the barrel ppl are not customers I want coming in.

Re: SmogTips.Com

we used to but was not really bringing work at a shop I was managing in Richmond, Ca

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:36 AM xcinlb [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any shops here advertise with SmogTips.com? Around my area, it looks like all the bargain shops are on there. There is even a test and repair shop advertising for $19.00 plus cert (small print: Most 2000 and newer cars). They must be pulling some bait and switch stuff, or they just loose money on smogs and hope for repairs. But still, most smogs won't need repairs so they are just loosing money. Anyway, if you advertise on this site, how does it work for you?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/SmogTips-Com-tp5073265.html

Kevin Casillas