SmogWiki.com

mikesmobile

Re: SmogWiki.com

smogwiki.com just got buried in hundreds of spam posts.  I know that the rosettacode.org wiki is quite similar, and there are senior members there who can delete posts and ban spammers.  Do you know of a way to promote me to moderator at smogwiki, so I can nuke those jerks in my spare time?

Re: SmogWiki.com

mikesmobile
Michael
I called the hosting company yesterday and they said they resolved this. I see it's back again.
Thanks for the heads up.
I will contact them again when I get a minute.
I will get you the credentials when I'm back in.
Thanks
Mike

Re: SmogWiki.com

Best Answer I Can Give
 Mike is this costing you money. If it is i will have my wife kick you some bucks.

Re: SmogWiki.com

mikesmobile
I paid for a year up front so got a break on the price, it won't break the bank. Thanks for the offer though. Id rather guys just add some of their knowledge to it, real easy to do, anyone can edit a wiki and it doesn't have to look pretty, as long as there is some good info there, others can clean up with a follow up edit. Try it out.
Mike

Re: SmogWiki.com

I took some very aggressive shots last night at the spammers with the new gun you gave me, and apparently my actions or theirs broke the site again.  If you get a chance to talk to the host, ask them if I need to tone down a bit.

Re: SmogWiki.com

blanksauce
Wow. This is everything I've wanted in life. Such a good idea I wonder why the state didn't come up with it... oh yeah, it's a GOOD idea

Re: SmogWiki.com

Well, it took me a few months of "spare time", but I can finally say that I've completed my manual individual blockage of about 1100 confirmed SPAMtards, and my manual individual deletion of their ~2400 SPAM pages.  June was really bad ... I hope they don't manage to get a foothold again, because my mouse hand is exhausted.

Re: SmogWiki.com

INLANDSMOG

Re: SmogWiki.com

 Mr Barry, If I read this right, A HUGE THANK YOU.

Re: SmogWiki.com

New content from my new camera:

http://www.smogwiki.com/index.php?title=Special:ListFiles

What say the brethren?  If the answer is "Satisfactory" I have a lot more of the similar.

Re: SmogWiki.com

D Rochells 150861
Keep up the good work, copyright the pics so BAR doesn't steal them if they actually decide to do something useful and make pictures pop up as we smog things.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: SmogWiki.com

I would like those pix to be my free gift to the world, but maybe I should add a disclaimer, saying something to the effect that I make no guarantee that the information is correct, and therefore assume no liability, legal or otherwise, for any physical or financial damages which may allegedly arise from its use.

Re: SmogWiki.com

mikesmobile
Pics look great Michael and the labels are what make them really helpful.
I thought of letting this site go after a year but if we can continue getting some useful content I will keep it going.
It's very east to contribute to the site, it's meant to be contributed to by all the techs who are using it.
If you find it useful, try contributing to it.
Mike

Re: SmogWiki.com

Are my uploaded images "smart-phone friendly"?  They look fine on my old Desktop PC, but I understand that I'm probably in the minority when it comes to some of that stuff.

Re: SmogWiki.com

mikesmobile
Checked those images on a phone (android) and they look good.
Also added a dedicated link on the home page to all the images
Mike

Re: SmogWiki.com

F.U.BAR
Hi mikesmobile. Is it possible to make a smogwiki page that lists SPOUT connector locations? Thank you (!) for starting smogwiki btw, I use it all the time to find canisters, it saves me time/headaches.

Re: SmogWiki.com

D Rochells 150861
SPOUT Locator

1. Is it near the distributor?
Yes go to 2
No got to 3

2. Check the timing

3. You are screwed but it's not BAR, press pass
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: SmogWiki.com

I still see a bunch of those old Fords.

http://www.smogwiki.com/index.php?title=File:1990_Ford_Bronco_5.8L_spout_connector.JPG

I will make a concerted effort to upload more stuff like that.  I should also decide if I should consolidate Smog Check Tips and DLC Locator ... they seem like reasonable candidates for merging.

Re: SmogWiki.com

mikesmobile
Yes. Will do.
This site was designed for all the techs who use it to add their knowledge to it.
Its easy to do, just login and edit pages.
Mike
12