So I screwed up

manithetech
Today I had a dodge ram 2005 from a dealer that i know very well, he brought it and as usual these cars are hit and hood replaced with an aftermarket one and it has no under hood label. so i looked at my books and neither of them said it had one i quickly went ahead and passed it with no egr than i told him to come back because I knew I messed up, i told him come back let me look at it and it actually did have one, so now that i resmogged it and with an egr visual pass, will i be receiving a citation or what will happen, has this happened to anyone?? its my first and hopefully the last.

Re: So I screwed up

none
Nothing to worry about. If it was supposed to have EGR and it was missing and you passed it then it could be a problem down the road.

Re: So I screwed up

manithetech
so you think im safe that I corrected my self, because i told him to come back and let me have a second look and the guy did bring it back and it did have the egr tucked in all the way in the back and the second certificate did say it had an EGR so im hoping they let it slide.

Re: So I screwed up

Kevin
I think if you did the second test without errors and made a note of it or future bureau-investigation that you should be okay I mean try to document as much as you can. Because you when having this conversation with them down the road will not remember all the details but if you and all honesty did the second test correctly and to the best of your ability I wouldn't worry about it

Re: So I screwed up

dano
Not a big deal... document it on the first test and don't burn another cert..

Re: So I screwed up

GreenSmoke
You'll be alright.  We all make mistake.

You actually corrected with a second test

If the Bar gives you problem, let us know.   We all should call your field office and tell them that they are wrong and just fill up their phone line if they give you problems..
Al

Re: So I screwed up

Al
Have done this myself. Called in and asked what I should do. They said to test again correctly. Had bribe customer with a full refund for wasting his time to come back so I could retest it. Never heard anything else about it. This was 2 years ago.

Re: So I screwed up

GreenSmoke
I sure i had a typo or so once.  They are honest mistakes and I havent worried about it.

Allways wondered if  the Computer see it and flags or maybe it just gets lost in alot of data.  I could understand if it is done frequently, then yeah you're doing something funny, otherwise its an honest mistake.

Remember: The BAR assumes everybody doing something because they classified all station as either low, medium, or high risk.

Even stations that are tigget happy failing car unnecessary are consider low risk. LoL

Re: So I screwed up

Best Answer I Can Give
 That is the CRAZY part of the program. You screwed up. Plain and simple. WHO DOESN'T?

 Trouble is in the eyes of the BAR you are not allowed to. The fact that you HAVE to worry about it is just plain STUPID.

Re: So I screwed up

manithetech wrote
Today I had a dodge ram 2005 from a dealer that i know very well, he brought it and as usual these cars are hit and hood replaced with an aftermarket one and it has no under hood label. so i looked at my books and neither of them said it had one i quickly went ahead and passed it with no egr than i told him to come back because I knew I messed up, i told him come back let me look at it and it actually did have one, so now that i resmogged it and with an egr visual pass, will i be receiving a citation or what will happen, has this happened to anyone?? its my first and hopefully the last.

your good just explain yourself on the 2nd one of why its being retested

Re: So I screwed up

dano
Yeah or even better yet do a 3rd cert to let them know you're double sure this
time.. LoL!!

Re: So I screwed up

Citation Addict
You did the right thing, in fact the BAR will actually go by the most recent test, I accidentally scanned a wrong car into the system and processed the wrong one. In the BARs eyes I clean plugged, but luckily for me I caught my own mistake and over laid it with another test.

Think about it this way I bet many here at one time or another have messed up on the mileage.

Re: So I screwed up

dano
You can't compare accidentally putting NA for a system to accidentally doing
the wrong vehicle. If he was unable to get this vehicle back in and retest it
nothing would have happened......  if you tested the wrong vehicle and were
unable to bring it back for a retest you're screwed in todays time.....

Re: So I screwed up

dano
You do need to chalk it up as a learning experience though. What if it was
a BAR car with a missing EGR?? You're screwed. Although they are all
"suppose" to be cut and dry with an under hood label.....