So fail if ECS label is removed???

STAR is Racist

Re: So fail if ECS label is removed???

SmogAce
Gray area here for sure. Lots of chevys have air cleaner removed in place of Aftermarket Intake filter and that's where the Emissions label lives. No I would not fail it. Plenty of accident cars come in with replacement hoods which do not typically have a label either... that's what the Emissions application book is for. I believe it's the responsibility of whomever is installing the shitty upgrade to put it on. Us smog techs should have the resources to find the proper information. But yeah, it's totally stupid verbiage. I just don't like failing vehicles for stupid technicalities. Much rather fail the smokers and gross polluters.

Re: So fail if ECS label is removed???

STAR is Racist
Other than the 07 Shelby I've never failed or refused a smog because of a missing label but this aftermarket intake had specific instructions to replace the label, still I wouldn't fail it. Just thought it was interesting that those words were in the pdf.

Re: So fail if ECS label is removed???

Put the work in and open a book. Any tech in my shops that would fail for missing decals would be looking for work. Cars have accidents & often  multiple owners, techs need to earn the wages there paid and stop being lazy & un educated

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021, 4:01 PM STAR is Racist [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/So-fail-if-ECS-label-is-removed-tp5083439.html

Re: So fail if ECS label is removed???

Technician A
I wouldn't fail it also. Any tech that does fail it gets much respect from me for doing it by the book.

Re: So fail if ECS label is removed???

Citation Addict
What I typically do is if I can verify it. I pass it without the label and just inform the customer. Otherwise it turns into a dispute very quickly.