So who is being the DUMMY?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Motor Homes $57. Total.

 A person who owns a MH also owns other vehicles.
So you run the price up on the MH. You do it so you don't have to do them. So they take it to somewhere else. Have you just not taken the chance of losing all the other vehicle they own?

 We do maybe 10 a month. BFD. But if a family owns 3 cars per MH, That's 30 vehicles you could lose over two years. 30 times 12 months is a lot of vehicles to lose.

 Thus I WHORE myself on Motor Homes.

 Just remember, hey that guy was willing to do the MH at a decent price let's go back there.

 Just remember, hey that guy was willing to do the MH at a decent price let's go back there.
5 years ago every one had a bar 97 or 2-3 of them in the same shop, now since the new releases and hard starts, less then half  even care to buy the new machine. if its not a smog shop as their primary form of business they could care less. quick lube and tire shops with an OIS is the way they go. 2000 + vehicles only with quick turn around. call around you will see bar 97 prices have gone up, more for evap even more for large vehicles. the amount of shops that do older vehicles is has gone way down, even the pass or no pay guys only offer that for 2000+ vehicles.

Re: So who is being the DUMMY?

You're not going to get a motorhome in my shop for under $100 and ideally my targets 150 to 200. They're not worth doing at $60 when you're paying the technician half of that. And you're going to probably lose some productivity due to the amount of space that they take up and the fact that you could do two or three other smogs in the time frame it takes you to do the one

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018, 9:35 AM Best Answer I Can Give [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Motor Homes $57. Total.

 A person who owns a MH also owns other vehicles.
So you run the price up on the MH. You do it so you don't have to do them. So they take it to somewhere else. Have you just not taken the chance of losing all the other vehicle they own?

 We do maybe 10 a month. BFD. But if a family owns 3 cars per MH, That's 30 vehicles you could lose over two years. 30 times 12 months is a lot of vehicles to lose.

 Thus I WHORE myself on Motor Homes.

 Just remember, hey that guy was willing to do the MH at a decent price let's go back there.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/So-who-is-being-the-DUMMY-tp5068270.html

Re: So who is being the DUMMY?

Karupt
I agree with both Kevin and Besta , we however price the MH higher , 80.00 ,and its not because we do not want to do them it is because as Kevin stated the way our shop is set up it only has one bay and the MH takes up time that we could have done 3 OIS. I still have  customers  that think 80.00 is too much !

Re: So who is being the DUMMY?

Best Answer I Can Give
 I guess a lot has to do with the shop set up.

Re: So who is being the DUMMY?

Karupt
yep , you must have 2 bays ? Even with one bay and the bluetooth OIS (which no longer works btw ) It was alot of work going around the MH ! Take care Besta, happy smogging !

 Just remember, hey that guy was willing to do the MH at a decent price let's go back there.
maybe a cheaper price on a 1996 motorhome with no timing,egr,or evap test. But whoring yourself out on a 1976 pace arrow for $49? nope, not me.

Re: So who is being the DUMMY?

I found out that the type of customer I want is the one who sees me/us as an honest, quality place.  They'll bring their regular cars, an then the 38 ft pace arrow motor home, with all the functional tests due..  They'll know we'll give it our best shot.  The jerkoff motorhome shoppers, with shit written all over and inside are not my/ our customers. Just like the ice cream trucks.  I still respect ya besta!

Re: So who is being the DUMMY?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Troll I believe has it. You give them the best shot. I believe you don't jack up the price because you can. Treat them all equal.
We get $57 anytime we use the ASM machine.

Re: So who is being the DUMMY?

Troll I believe has it. You give them the best shot. I believe you don't jack up the price because you can. Treat them all equal.
We get $57 anytime we use the ASM machine.
what do you charge for ois??  our area 55-52 cheapest is $48 with cert no pass or no pay with in a 30 mile radius

Re: So who is being the DUMMY?