Star Invalidation

No One
Anyone get their star taken away? Or did the BAR accept their hearing?

Re: Star Invalidation

EseGuey
yup! it happened to me. They are punishing us for 3O consecutive days. From what I am told once the 30 days pass they will reinstate the STAR without having to reapply. its essentially a slap in the hand. And that was with the help of a lawyer after appealing twice.

Re: Star Invalidation

I got a STAR suspension for 60 days and it was automatically reinstated after that. It was for two citations my tech got, not low scores. To be honest I was happy with that. I didn't get a lawyer.

Re: Star Invalidation

EseGuey wrote
yup! it happened to me. They are punishing us for 3O consecutive days. From what I am told once the 30 days pass they will reinstate the STAR without having to reapply. its essentially a slap in the hand. And that was with the help of a lawyer after appealing twice.
Is this for having a low score?

Re: Star Invalidation

EseGuey
Its for having 2 citations in 1 year. We miraculously won the appeal on the 3rd citation, (im not sure how common that is). We had to let go of our beloved tech but I guess this was the best that could have been done. Our FPR is just over .4
Im not sure how much of an impact having a lawyer did but I honestly didnt want to deal with them. It freaking stresses me out. The Lawyer told me I should be happy with that outcome. I heard some shops had there 30 day suspension during the month of March and April. The lucky ones...

Re: Star Invalidation

No One
EseGuey wrote
Its for having 2 citations in 1 year. We miraculously won the appeal on the 3rd citation, (im not sure how common that is). We had to let go of our beloved tech but I guess this was the best that could have been done. Our FPR is just over .4
Im not sure how much of an impact having a lawyer did but I honestly didnt want to deal with them. It freaking stresses me out. The Lawyer told me I should be happy with that outcome. I heard some shops had there 30 day suspension during the month of March and April. The lucky ones...
Ohh, I was more wondering those fighting star invalidation over low fpr score.

Re: Star Invalidation

FrankieG559

Re: Star Invalidation

Best Answer I Can Give
 Little magnifying glass, upper right corner. Type in STAR invalidation.

This subject has been gone over TONS of times.  Good Lord, no wonder you are in that boat. You want the world handed to you.

Re: Star Invalidation

Little magnifying glass, upper right corner. Type in STAR invalidation.

This subject has been gone over TONS of times.  Good Lord, no wonder you are in that boat. You want the world handed to you.
WOW! Did it really inconvenience you that much to read the post?

It's not like this forum has been cluttered with a bunch of other questions lately.

Re: Star Invalidation

Best Answer I Can Give
 Because 90% of the questions asked on this forum can be answered by that little magnifying glass in the upper right corner.

 The person wants to COMPETE against you but wants you to do all the leg work. DOES THAT NOT BOTHER YOU?

Re: Star Invalidation

...The person wants to COMPETE against you but wants you to do all the leg work. DOES THAT NOT BOTHER YOU?
NO, Not really. I talk with the local shops all the time.

If you don't want to help why are you even on here? At least change your user name.

Re: Star Invalidation

Best Answer I Can Give
 I have NO problem HELPING a person feed the family. Giving them the answer is not helping them.
Teaching them to learn how to find, the help. Making them do it for them self is a FAR better help. The old, Give a man a fish. It is perfect here. Don't feed the wild animals, they will become dependent on you.

 The Best answer I can give. GET OFF YOUR ASS AND LOOK IT UP! It is all out there.

 He is loosing his STAR because he will not get off his ass and follow the rules set up by the BAR. Why should I work for it when it will be handed to me?
You get to be a better shop and person by WORKING AT IT!

Re: Star Invalidation

Troll
You get to be a better shop by working at it 110% of the time.
Investing in ongoing smog/shop education.
Getting your own alldata/motors.
Streamlight flashlights for every inspector.
"i've said this all before".

I agree with everything you just said. I say, If you a doing this as your career, treat it like a career not "just a job".

Re: Star Invalidation

Little magnifying glass, upper right corner. Type in STAR invalidation.

This subject has been gone over TONS of times.  Good Lord, no wonder you are in that boat. You want the world handed to you.
Did you find any posts in your search about guys who went to a formal hearing over a LOW SCORE and won? I didn't.

Re: Star Invalidation

Best Answer I Can Give
 No you won't find where it said any one WON. But IF YOU READ AND THINK, it will tell you ONE thing. The BAR does not want a FORMAL hearing. KNOWING they will LOOSE.

Re: Star Invalidation

No you won't find where it said any one WON. But IF YOU READ AND THINK, it will tell you ONE thing. The BAR does not want a FORMAL hearing. KNOWING they will LOOSE.

Re: Star Invalidation

SO how again was he supposed to use the SEARCH function to find the answer to his question?

Streamlight Flashlights are racist though....

Re: Star Invalidation

No One wrote
Streamlight Flashlights are racist though....
I know...I'm finding that magalites have the same problem.
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.