Star application denial

Bchangsf
Hi all my shop had received a citation due to the technician I’m trying to apply for star but BAR denied me saying I can apply 1 year from the date I had got the citation but they said I can appeal it
What should I do? Thanks in advance

Re: Star application denial

mikesmobile
If i'm not mistaken a LLC will protect the shop from a citation. Contact the lawyer on this forum.
Mike

Re: Star application denial

Best Answer I Can Give
Personally I think you are screwed. Time to appeal was then, not now.

 Hell sell the company to a Corporation. If it is one, start a new Corp. Use different people. Three months and you get the STAR back.

 Best advise is talk to a lawyer.

Re: Star application denial

Troll
What jabs me is when some one has a "problem", they turn here to cry and ask what to do.
One must pay one's dues !

Re: Star application denial

Able
Troll wrote
What jabs me is when some one has a "problem", they turn here to cry and ask what to do.
One must pay one's dues !
What dues? I thought were here to share, help, chat and learn, right?

Sucks that citation are causing ppl to lose star for a year. So the rumor that shops only lose star for a few months isn't true?

That was a discussion at a BAR meeting some time ago right? As long as the shop has been clean and the mistake was a honest mistake.

Anyway, let us know what happens. But changing everything and putting it under another name to get star in one quarter isn't bad.

Any potential problems in going that route VS taking a year long lost?

Re: Star application denial

none
It was my understanding when I watched the video that it was a PROPOSED change to what is currently written and that, in order to get less than a one year suspension currently, you MUST do a formal appeal.

If you do a search here you can find a Youtube link to the meeting that was posted by "MY NAME IS NOBODY".

Re: Star application denial

Dues are " not  a monetary item.  Maybe  its going to the bar meetings, workshops,  making a contribution here or elsewhere on smog inspection, or repair tips. Getting involved in the process of our industry.
Just posting online of"mommy help me"- what do I do, does not cut it with me here.
The other is the absentee non smog owner who cries afoull of being held hostage for $$ by their smog tech.
Me- I'm just a hard, long hour working owner tech with beat up knuckles, brake and clutch dust in my lungs,
hard hearing, rough knees, and major attitudes from having to install countless, useless stp nox kits.
I'll wager there are as few people on this site who know or ever installed those kits, as there are hairs on my homer simpson head.

Re: Star application denial

D Rochells 150861
Is there anything visible on those nox kits? I want to fail one for no eo sticker one day, this would amuse me greatly.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Star application denial

BlueSky
This post was updated on .
D wrote
Is there anything visible on those nox kits? I want to fail one for no eo sticker one day, this would amuse me greatly.
D.
The STP Kit was like the EGR system on early cars.   There were no EO#s that I remember.  Since we only installed the kits on 1966-1970 vehicles under 6,000 gvw you will never get a chance to fail one.

Re: Star application denial

D Rochells 150861
That must have made some very unhappy combustion chambers.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Star application denial

BlueSky
D wrote
That must have made some very unhappy combustion chambers.
Most disabled them.  Back then I believe we could only charge $35 parts and labor by law for the whole job.  That's why the most popular kit was the KAR Kit, 2 vacuum caps to disable the vacuum advance, retard the timing and attach a sticker.

Re: Star application denial

Just the Facts

Re: Star application denial

Troll
ah-very nice find Detective Friday
the air cooled  stp kit was the biggest waste
all you guys who know and installed these are old as dirt

Re: Star application denial

none
Troll wrote
ah-very nice find Detective Friday
the air cooled  stp kit was the biggest waste
all you guys who know and installed these are old as dirt
I stuck a few of the old kits on VWs back when. It tapped into the heat riser tube for exhaust and went to a plate that fit under the carburetor but I can't remember what made it open. Did it have a vacuum line too?

Re: Star application denial

Hard Nox
Gettin off track on the original thread but sure is bringing back memories.

I must be old as dirt cuz it all is coming back.
Yes $35 cost limit to install Nox Kit and certify @ $12.50 per hour rate.

What was the earlier 1955-1965 Spark Control cost limit?
Install closed Crank Case Oil Cap and breather adapter to the air filter. KV Kit, was that it?
Disable Vacuum Advance similar to the Nox regulation.

Road Draft Tube any one out there?

Hand written paper certs in real books of 50.
All this accomplished with Analog HC CO meters.

It's time to dig out the old brown MVPC book.

Re: Star application denial

tampered
The NOX kits may have been an ineffective, misguided attempt at reducing emissions, but at least we were not held accountable for that failing.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: Star application denial

Bchangsf
What an idiot why are you even on this forum
We’re here to help each other out smh

Re: Star application denial

Bchangsf
Yeah I thought it was you lose star for a few months but bar said you lose star for a whole year from effective citation date. I will keep you guys posted

Re: Star application denial

I still have some of the original car gets, It was esentially to details and some vacuum caps, And you know the customer the moment they left reattach the vacuum hose for the vacuum advanced and bump their timing backward needed to be