Star problems

EE

Star problems

EE
I've gotten so far around 10 cars since last Wednesday sent by my competitor 1.5 mile away from my shop. He's been rejecting customers cars either high emitter cars or one of the monitors not run. I asked the customers the reason  they said that he used the scanner before doing the test then he tells them that his machine is broken down and he can't do it at the moment. So I know because am doing these cars. I won't qualify for star in 3 month or 6 month if I keep doing those cars. What do guys think   Should I reject those customers and do the same thing my competitor is doing. I already called bar rep about this and he simply said that he has the right to refuse service to anyone then I said isn't that against bar law. U can't check the monitors before testing.  He said that its going to show on his next star calculation. I honestly don't get it when they're trying to explain to u something that they have no idea what they're talking about

Re: Star problems

I'm STAR, Ur Not
I suggest you get familiar with this and pay extra attention to section 4.9

STAR Q&A
EE

Re: Star problems

EE
I think ur one of those fucks anyways and ur opinion don't count here. No one likes u or likes your opinion on this site. So my suggestion is to leave this site and live in your own world full of "stars". Hah I think ur one of those assholes that's wishing that bar can close a lot of honest innocent businesses and put a lot of hard working techs out of work. Your opinion and your dreams are stupid. I don't wish anybody to deal with star problems later  But I definitely wish u that. I hope u fuck up once and we'll see u crying on this site. Btw ur too stupid to be on this site

Re: Star problems

I'm STAR, Ur Not
Don't worry, I didn't come here looking to find friends. Nor do I expect anyone here to like my opinions. I'ts a shame you didn't find the Q&As when they came out a year ago. If you had you might have been STAR right now. It's a shame so many criminals decided to open up a smog station and clean pipe all day long. Now all these honest technicians are loosing their job's. Why don't you blame the criminals who made this mess? You called BAR to ask a stupid question, but have you ever called to turn in a clean piper?

You can wish I get caught making a mistake and loose STAR all you want. But trust me, I'm not going to mess up.

MW
EE

Re: Star problems

EE
Mr nice guy. Am already a star   Ur just so stupid. I called bar to ask because the max readiness status will affect the star score and the guy was checking the monitors before doing the test. Next time read before answering. And what's funny about it now that ur trying to be mr nice guy by defending innocent techs   I saw ur previous posts and u don't give a fuck about other techs   Don't try to be mr cool guy now.  It won't work. Change ur name idiot

Re: Star problems

Mark
I'm STAR, Ur Not wrote
It's a shame so many criminals decided to open up a smog station and clean pipe all day long. Now all these honest technicians are loosing their job's. Why don't you blame the criminals who made this mess?
Enforcement is not the job of industry. It's the job of BAR, if BAR fucks over honest working people
then it's the short comings of BAR. We don't have "feeding at the public trough" jobs where we are
supposed to sit behind a 7000 dollar desk all day and solve problems. We WORK for a living bending
over 250 degree motors in California's notorious summers to find a mark on a spinning piece of metal
and we dam well better find it or we are crooks. Yet if BAR fails to weed out crooks while setting behind
a 7000 dollar desk in an air-conditioned room and FAILS to protect honest people while catching crooks
then it OUR fault?

BULL SHIT!

Re: Star problems

Accused
Well said Mark. That pretty much nails our position in this cluster fuck.

Re: Star problems

kilativ
I'm STAR, Ur Not wrote
You can wish I get caught making a mistake and loose STAR all you want. But trust me, I'm not going to mess up.

MW
 Never say never

Re: Star problems

No One
kilativ wrote
I'm STAR, Ur Not wrote
You can wish I get caught making a mistake and loose STAR all you want. But trust me, I'm not going to mess up.

MW
 Never say never
Did he ever fuck up?

Re: Star problems

EE wrote
[...]
We get sent a few from the guys around us that pre-screen. I dont think it has effected my score. I just test as presented. The only pre-check I ever do is on retests.

Re: Star problems

Lili
Test as is probaly the best method. If you try to screen cars and customers go down the street and pass they're probably not coming back to you.

Techs: Not my problem I only care about my score. The shop goes down is not really my concern..
(You do enough of this and you are out of the door quickly)

Owner: I am getting the money in my pocket first.
( You may lose you tech quickly)

Owner tech: I got to make a balance to take some junk cars but also keep the score.
( You may loss star or business)

I have been playing this game 20 years.. still going....I just test as is and not worry about it. It's been working keeping balance between STAR scores, Tech Happeniess, Owner Profit.

Re: Star problems

No One
Lili wrote
Test as is probaly the best method. If you try to screen cars and customers go down the street and pass they're probably not coming back to you.

Techs: Not my problem I only care about my score. The shop goes down is not really my concern..
(You do enough of this and you are out of the door quickly)

Owner: I am getting the money in my pocket first.
( You may lose you tech quickly)

Owner tech: I got to make a balance to take some junk cars but also keep the score.
( You may loss star or business)

I have been playing this game 20 years.. still going....I just test as is and not worry about it. It's been working keeping balance between STAR scores, Tech Happeniess, Owner Profit.

Ive been screening cars since my score took a shit in December. This one guy kept coming in his van with evap incomplete. He drove it a lot and each time I kept telling him it wouldn't pass(im resorting to lying now so that I keep my customers) because the evap monitor kept being incomplete. So I told my self that next time he comes in that im just going to go ahead and do it. He comes in and it has an evap pending code. I tell the guy that there is a problem and he needs to get it fix. That's when he tells me "is it showing the gas cap again?"

Ive been getting a lot of this since I started screening. Ohh and if the car is CAN, I can def see that its been reset.

Re: Star problems

RICHARDCRANIUM
FUCK THE STAR PROGRAM, I SMOG AS THEY COME IN AND THAT IS THAT. i HAVE JUST HAD MY STAR INVALIDATED AFTER HAVING NO SCORE SINCE STAR BEGAN,THEY SCREWED THE TECHNICIAN AGAIN WITH THIS MADE UP WAY OF SCORING US. EXPLAIN BETTER HOW IT WORKS OR CANCEL THE JOKE STAR IS. ALL OF MY SMOGS ARE SPOT ON.
Shop owner 21 Years, 37+ year Smog Technician.
Inspector and repair Tech. I began in the BAR 84 platform.
Been current ever since. Momma said I hit my head a lot as a kid!

Re: Star problems

No One
RICHARDCRANIUM wrote
FUCK THE STAR PROGRAM, I SMOG AS THEY COME IN AND THAT IS THAT. i HAVE JUST HAD MY STAR INVALIDATED AFTER HAVING NO SCORE SINCE STAR BEGAN,THEY SCREWED THE TECHNICIAN AGAIN WITH THIS MADE UP WAY OF SCORING US. EXPLAIN BETTER HOW IT WORKS OR CANCEL THE JOKE STAR IS. ALL OF MY SMOGS ARE SPOT ON.
You didn't appeal?

I no longer smog as they come in unless they are 95 and older cars. Everything 96 and up gets a pre screen with my cheap 20 dollar scanner. If the evap monitor is incomplete, I tell the customer to go drive it more. I really don't mind if they go somewhere else either since most shops in my area are now refusing cars with incomplete monitors or confirmed codes but MIL off.