Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

thepollutants

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

WealdstoneRaider
According to the star metric it's all the cleanpipes catching up to you. No way a by the book tech will go as low as a .07 right?
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

thepollutants wrote
Got out of smog for two years because of a first citation (no fine) that was entirely my fault. Became a service tech at a dealership. Renewed my license a month ago to do used car inspections.

Checked my FPR and it sucks. What happened? I had pretty decent FPR as an inspector.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/pubwebquery/star/tech.aspx?tech=635469

You passed too many cars for Moneys.

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

2002
If you having FPR problems I feel bad for u son, I got 99 problems but low FPR aint one

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

thepollutants
I didn't cleanpipe shit. That's the thing.

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

smoggee
Did anyone else have your password back then?
Never attribute to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

thepollutants
Possibly, yes. I'm really surprised by this.

It doesn't matter because the dealership I'm at isn't STAR and we only do OIS on very late model trade-ins. But it sucks to have a bad score, because I prided myself on always having STAR and getting scores as high as 0.80 in a shitty, low income area with shitty cars.

I think it's fucked that technicians are scored on a formula that we aren't allowed to see. We have no idea what goes on inside the black box.

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

No One
thepollutants wrote
I prided myself on always having STAR and getting scores as high as 0.80 in a shitty, low income area with shitty cars.
Well the next guy who replaced you either 1)Failed shit left and right because thats what some of these assholes do no matter what 2)was a new guy and saw something questionable and failed even when it wasnt a fail or 3)all those buckets you passed failed multiple times on the next cycle.

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

ajs350
The smaller your sample set gets (how many smog checks you did), the less accurate and more variable your score will get.  For example you might get .07 one semester and then .97 the next semester, and that variation might have nothing to do with how you did your smog checks.  That's why they give you a no-score when your sample set gets really small.  Even with large sample sets their FPR formula isn't very reliable, and occasionally gives scores under .1 to techs that are doing reasonably accurate smog checks.

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

smwalker
Yea same with mine. .10 right now I believe.  dropped in 2 years of inactivity.
Only did OIS before, low volume, no one had my password, always failed whatever I found and repaired it right.
I just think it's in the formula,  no results for 2 years brings it down.

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

smwalker
In fact i wonder is there anyone reading this board who has stopped smoging for 2+ years and thier score has not dropped?  Anyone stayed above .4?

That would be interesting to see.

Did  records request for data.  see if they come back with anything reasonable.

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

thepollutants
Seems like a common issue based on the search I did on this board.

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

nanz1414
my tech scored dropped to .07  hes a good tech. does every smog by the book nd his score still drop. i work  with him daily . so i over see eveything  he does.

Re: Stopped smogging 2 years ago, FPR dropped like a rock since then

thepollutants
Thank you for these impressive insights, newbie.