Streamlight on sale

Re: Streamlight on sale

none
So if I'm reading it right the 75429 Stinger LED High Lumen Flashlight is almost twice as bright as my 75813 Stinger DS C4 LED Flashlight? I didn't think I need a brighter light but I will get one. For that price it is worth trying it. Thanks D.

I think the two most important tools I have for doing inspections are my Stinger flashlight and Blue Point 3 1/4" Mirror.

Re: Streamlight on sale

D Rochells 150861
Your welcome. The HLs are very bright. I recently bought the King of Streamlights,

http://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/protac-hl-4

2200 Lumens!

I almost don't want to hire techs who don't have a good flashlight.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Streamlight on sale

... I think the two most important tools I have for doing inspections are my Stinger flashlight and Blue Point 3 1/4" Mirror.
We think so much alike ... it's almost scary.

Re: Streamlight on sale

My Name is Nobody
Good price!

Small part of my flashlight collection.

From MAG charger, Surefire, Ultrastinger, Nitecore, fenix, Convoy, Klarus, Jetbeam, Imalent...

Re: Streamlight on sale

Hey, if you gotta be addicted to something, at least black flashlights don't ruin your liver or cause your teeth to fall out ...

Re: Streamlight on sale

Best Answer I Can Give
 City of LA, cheap LOW bid flashlights. I and several other would just DESTROY those cheap ass light.
Worked 3:30 till 1 in the morning. Under a truck in the dark and it would stop working. We would throw that sucker against a truck as hard as we could. Of course it always gave up when you had to work in the lot, and would DIE just before you got done.

 Boss found out the number for MAG lights. ordered a bunch of them, problem gone.

Re: Streamlight on sale

OH YEAH. Its real bright. Thanks for the heads up D.

Re: Streamlight on sale

none
So I just did a unscientific light test with my two LED stingers and I would say that at the same distance the lights are equally bright but the bright center section of the beam is at least twice the diameter on the HL. I would call it more flood than spot.

I'm very happy with it and engraved it with my shop name and phone number in the event that I leave it in a car.

Re: Streamlight on sale

Glad you like it, the price went up right after that. I got one too, The 2200 lumen one is a little too big and prone to blinding the user by accident.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Streamlight on sale

i bought mines on ebay.. cheaper than what snap on truck sales..

Re: Streamlight on sale

Smogtech
Great deal.   I lost many stingers and strions .  Ultra stinger the only 1 still with me over 15 years.

Re: Streamlight on sale

For a much cheaper LED rechargeable flashlight option I have one of these at home and it is pretty bright and the battery last a long time between charging. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A34P5J4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Re: Streamlight on sale

For a much cheaper LED rechargeable flashlight option I have one of these at home
The description says 5 mode.  Does that mean you have to push the button 5 times to scroll through each mode before you turn the flashlight off?   Does it just turn on and off?  I have one that takes 3 pushes before it turns off.   I don't use it very often. :-)

Re: Streamlight on sale

none
No you just push it once and it's on with the brightest mode and once and it is off. To make it dimmer or flash you have to push it really fast.

On my Streamlight I use the dimmer modes at times but this one you can focus the beam to a bright point or a wide flood so I use it in the brightest mode only. It is at home so I can't say if it will hold up to constant use though.

Re: Streamlight on sale

Best Answer I Can Give
 Never used one so please EDUCATE.
What is so good about them verse the type I use?

 Mine has the 5 function thing dim to bright plus flashing light. Cost with charger and one extra battery @ $120.

 The problem I see with the Stream is you forget to charge and you are screwed. Mine you can replace the battery.

 Not saying anything at all about you guys but why the Streamlight? Is it really that much better?

Re: Streamlight on sale

Midnightdrummer
The only problem I had with the HL is the batteries. My old streamlight with the black batteries lasted forever and held the charge forever. When I lost it I bought an HL "kit" and it came with green batteries (they're pretty much the same battery though) and man they sucked. After about a month they only lasted like 10 minutes and they went dim. Maybe I just got a bad batch who knows. My old batteries work just fine in it though

Re: Streamlight on sale

none
Midnightdrummer wrote
The only problem I had with the HL is the batteries. My old streamlight with the black batteries lasted forever and held the charge forever. When I lost it I bought an HL "kit" and it came with green batteries (they're pretty much the same battery though) and man they sucked. After about a month they only lasted like 10 minutes and they went dim. Maybe I just got a bad batch who knows. My old batteries work just fine in it though
I have bought FLOUREON replacement batteries for my STREAMLIGHT on EBAY for about $15. They have lasted a couple years so far.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOUREON-Battery-6V-2500mAh-Ni-CD-for-Maglite-ARXX075-ARXX235-Streamlight-20170-/301470562432?hash=item46310bb880:g:pIkAAOSwc3ZUp8J5

Re: Streamlight on sale

The batteries can get messed up, Ive been using a green one for a long time. On my OG stinger the green put out a brighter light than the black one. I used a black with 2006 production date for 9 years. Get the grey fast charger, it has a protection feature. Around $20 now, comes with usb plug too.

Besta, the battery is replaceable.  High quality, reliable, can recharge in cradle, battery can be swapped, spare parts are sold, easy to rebuild. I had to change the switch and rubber cover on my old one once. I used it for 10 years. It retired this year to home duty.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Streamlight on sale

Best Answer I Can Give
Ok, I also saw them with the, Place the light on the charger.

 So it's just what you like better?