Super star station

Hobo
Just got a guy who went to a star station.Failed of course but it was all jacked up . First on visual tac hose missing and they passed it.Has an o2 sensor ,they put n/a.Evap canister nipple cracked off. Tee was glued in place of it.They passed it.Timing they failed for rpm.Rpm and timing ok.Tech didn't disconnect single wire connector(gm) where when u do that rpm comes into specs.Thats just 1 car.This is who they want testing cars? Go fuckin figure.I knew you would get a kick outta this so I had to post it.I don't like to judge but these are supposed to be the premier stations doing it right.
EE

Re: Super star station

EE
That's funny u posted that.  I just had 1990 bmw. Went to a star station. He failed him for Evap functional test  which ur not supposed to do on this car. I called the guy who performed the inspection and he replied we're a star station. We know what we're doing.  I told my customer to call BAR and file a complaint

Re: Super star station

Accused
customer should file a complaint.

Re: Super star station

Hobo
Got another one.Honda civic manual trans.Failed for missing egr.No such device required on this car/engine.When I fail something as missing I'm dam sure it's missing not kinda sure or maybe.Hey I finally got my star.took 18 days but I got it.Now life can be normal for a couple months until the next scores are out.I was stressing for a while there.I have young kids and need to make or at least have the ability to make money.Now we can live normal for a bit.Try and build a reserve or sell.I really feel bad for the families that are being hurt by this.These assholes live in their own fuckin world and think we are doing just fine.Star is destroying lives BAR! Get it through your fucking head!! I almost didn't last waiting for my star.If I didn't get it I was done.Just wanted to vent so there it is.Im pulling for all the non star guys but there's not much I can do but say some prayers.Good luck guys.Never thought I would qualify but eventually did.

Re: Super star station

kilativ
Hobo wrote
Never thought I would qualify but eventually did.
If its surprise for you, then what is your score?
Maybe I will qualify too, my score is low, 0.09 station, and 0.11 technician.

Re: Super star station

Hobo wrote
I don't like to judge but these are supposed to be the premier stations doing it right.
So were the test-only and Gold Shield stations that inspected and repaired the cars that comprised the infamous "49% refail" that spawned this whole mess.

Re: Super star station

smog latino
What it happens is that lot of star station arew being approved based on hiring new licensed technician with no score which is a good score, and according to BAR this will be reversed after 3 months or when the new scores will come out,and in the meantime the prices are sinking again, around the area the price for a start test lowered to $48.88 with the cert included.

Re: Super star station

Hobo
July 12 fpr was .22 now .56 go figure