Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

stopstar1234
newer 2012 car came in with 5k miles on it talked like he knew so much about smog older guy with a young wife (she was hot) lol so he said he wanted to watch how I did the smog. he watched my every single  move when I looked under he got down and looked. when I moved from the front to the back he would also.. asked me if all his cats and o2 sensors were there.. idk I kept hearing a hissing noise almost like a vacuum like by the throttle body I looked for atleast 40 mins on this car on something that should of taken 10 just cause he seemed a little off.. could not find any vacuum leak and everything was there and intact.. I only hope so at least that damn hissing/vacuum leak noise has me worried..

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

locopoco
Me personally I would not let the customer come close to my work area,and had occasions that I told them off.

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

I'm fairly certain that it was NOT undercover if he watched you. The ones I had come through that were undercover just sat in the waiting area like everyone else.

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

Thick6
I clutter my work area for the sole purpose of discouraging costumers from encroaching on my space.
iha

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

iha
I kick customers out for this behavior. I find a reason to not smog the vehicle. Not worth it,,, too much stress and it puts me in a bad mood!

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

Thick6 wrote
I clutter my work area for the sole purpose of discouraging costumers from encroaching on my space.
I hate when those COSTUMERS come into my work area... unless its a woman in a sexy nurse costume. That would be OK.

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

Best Answer I Can Give
 Doing one yesterday. As I'm doing it, his Cell rings with Sac area code. Was not but still a Sac area code in So Cal. Could make you wonder.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

I know I'm going to change its this week I have a lobby for my clients and also a lobby in the garage he was not next to the car but its close enough

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

stopstar1234
by the way I saw someone say that there was a Asian girl that drives a old motor home that is a UC? one of my friends just got her to come to his shop he refused it because he knows who she is.  shes in the bay area watch out!

ya I was in a pretty bad nervous mood still am that's the only car I have felt uncomfortable doing because every other car I nail down everything pcv evap purge ect ect but this hissing noise messed me up lol ..  ahhh I should have just let it go I would have slept better..

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

Did you look up the test history for it this morning?  If your test is there, you can rest assured that it wasn't UC.

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

stopstar1234 wrote
... but this hissing noise messed me up lol ..  ahhh I should have just let it go I would have slept better..
I have heard plenty of cars over the years that sound like they have a vacuum leak and don't. Thank God for smoke machines now. I spend way less time chasing my tail looking for that hissing noise.

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

stopstar1234
barrym95838 wrote
Did you look up the test history for it this morning?  If your test is there, you can rest assured that it wasn't UC.

It did not come to my shop but my buddies shop they did not get a vin but did get a lic plate and no records found in smog history think he said it was like a 1988 don't quote me on the year though

Can you do that at a test only? Id love to open a repair facility but my hands just don't work like they use to.. taking off the 10mm bolts/nuts on engine covers sometimes gives me a hard time

O you meant the car I smogged I thought you meant the RV. I did it shows it was a pass

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

stopstar1234 wrote
none wrote
stopstar1234 wrote
... but this hissing noise messed me up lol ..  ahhh I should have just let it go I would have slept better..
I have heard plenty of cars over the years that sound like they have a vacuum leak and don't. Thank God for smoke machines now. I spend way less time chasing my tail looking for that hissing noise.
Can you do that at a test only? Id love to open a repair facility but my hands just don't work like they use to.. taking off the 10mm bolts/nuts on engine covers sometimes gives me a hard time
My point was just to not loose sleep over it. There are visual and functional tests but not audible.

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

If a tech ain't using their ears and nose it takes a lot longer to do the visual.

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

stopstar1234
D wrote
If a tech ain't using their ears and nose it takes a lot longer to do the visual.

very trueee

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

none
I agree and I usually first find VW PCV system faults with my nose and then my eyes (actually with my eyes first I guess because when I see a VW emblem I know the PCV system is bad)

How many times though have you heard a VW Vanagon not sound like it has a vacuum leak at idle but it is the air in the intake plenum?

Re: Swear it was a UC but it passed.. well hopefully i pass..

And the stupid 2.0 L4 VW engine has an annoying his by the PCV. Once you level up enough though you can ignore that and hear the leak at the FPR. If I ever meet the guy who sourced that braided vacuum hose that is too short...

Our jobs would be so much easier without VW.