Taking the update on Diesel....I am lost

Taking the update on Diesel....I am lost

Citation Addict
I am taking the update class for diesel, some new things coming our way. What I am lost on is the many differences in catalyst technology, scr vs doc catalyst and how they work. The questions really stumped me.

Interesting thing coming our way in the next couple of years is opacity testing being released to us smog stations, we will be able to test semis and the larger trucks, they were only limited to dot testing stations( correct me if i mistated something) what ar your thoughts on this?

Re: Taking the update on Diesel....I am lost

none
Citation Addict wrote
...Interesting thing coming our way in the next couple of years is opacity testing being released to us smog stations, we will be able to test semis and the larger trucks, they were only limited to dot testing stations( correct me if i mistated something) what ar your thoughts on this?
I have a friend who has a mobile fleet service business and does opacity testing on big trucks for fleet certification. I send all the heavy duty stuff to him when they call me.

I personally don't even smog RVs so I surely don't want to test Peterbuilts.

Re: Taking the update on Diesel....I am lost

Best Answer I Can Give
 Years back we did Opacity Testing. What a FUCKING joke.

 I sure as hell hope they have improved the way they do it now.

 Snap the throttle 3 times as you put a light source and light meter in front of the pipe.
Never calibrate the machine.  Buy the machine and you are in business.

 We did the Cal Trans fleet one morning 25 trucks in less than a hour and a half. at $40.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: Taking the update on Diesel....I am lost

Just the Facts

Re: Taking the update on Diesel....I am lost

Smogtech
We maybe in the same class together?   I learned so much and ace the test last night.

Test only should req: take some diesel class for inspection.

Re: Taking the update on Diesel....I am lost

none
Smogtech wrote
Test only should req: take some diesel class for inspection.
Like this one?
http://bartraining.articulate-online.com/p/8067276826/DocumentViewRouter.ashx?Cust=80672&DocumentID=d520ec1d-d6b3-4765-a314-773c736ce187&Popped=True&v=3&&InitialPage=player.html

which can be found here. https://www.bar.ca.gov/Industry/Training/index.html