Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

A BOY HAS NO NAME
my gen2  locked out for tampering for now reason we don't move the machine at all.
I called the bar asked to be unlocked the said ok jut do a data refresh. still locked out.
now with perfectly working gen 2 that passes all calibrations bar says it need a work order from esp
that the machine is working properly. ESP says they will send a sales rep for the gen3 and that the can not do a service call for gen 2, this is fu*** up,
any suggestions on anything I can do

Re: Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

Able
 Sorry you're going through this.

Somebody please chime in.

Because of "white collar" criminals like esp, we have to get someone to fix our machine under the table.

I don't do it because of the potential headaches, but I understand why so many shops take that route.

There's no justice for us getting ripped off left and right!

Re: Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

locopoco
This tamper shit happens all the time for no reason, Esp should unlock it over the phone if there is nothing wrong with the machine.
This is effed up on so many levels.

Re: Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

Re: Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

Smogtech
your service tech may loose his/her job

Re: Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

Sometimes the 9 volt battery inside the esp goes bad and the tamper sets because of the low voltage on battery . It has happened to me , unfortunately esp charges it as a service call . It is important to get to know your esp tech , and tip him sometimes, they really do appreciate it .

Re: Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

StarTech
On top of every other reason, This is exactly why nobody should do a "favor" for a friend or pass a car or cleanpipe etc . People like this can't keep their mouth shut and get someone caught. I bet all most of those busted have had something like this happen... praising someone and ending up getting that same person fired etc etc. On top of my own personal morals, this is why i'd never do something like that for anyone.. whether i know them or not.

Re: Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

Best Answer I Can Give
 Basic I have been sitting on this and just WONDERING, HOW CAN ANYONE BE THAT STUPID?

 Now it's really not STUPID. I'm not here to insult your intelligence, your not really stupid, YOU JUST DON'T THINK.
Do you work for the BAR? Damn dude you are like most of the people out there. THINK. Look at what your actions will cause.
Cause and effect. If I do this, what will be the effect.

 Several times it has been put down that the BAR reads this site. GREAT now because of you, a man may be looking for a job. Because of your actions the next time you need a service call it may be days before you see a guy. "Sorry you are 3 days out" Sorry I need to order a part that will be next week.

 There is a possibility that YOU JUST FUCKED A GUY OUT OF A JOB. Good going.
If what you say is true that a guy will give you the code of the day, WELL THAT JUST STOPPED.
You know the guys who read this site talk to their service guys. Your little deal will get passed around.
It's not hard to find out who someone is on this site. Who say's you didn't just FUCK yourself.

90% of what you think I put down is bullshit, well it is not. It is to make you think. It is about what has happened to me or others I know. It is about AGE and EXPERIENCE.
None, JM, Scanner, several others, when they post here I READ  They have been there, they have done that. THEY THINK. What will my actions CAUSE.

Re: Tamper Lock OUT, ESP will not do a service call this is BS!

BasicTech678

it was a slip up trying to help out a fellow tech again lesson learned sorry i put someone else in the industry career at risk i realized it