Tech Thread Only?

1 ... 56789101112

Re: Tech Thread Only?

I don't normally service BMW.  I've got a 2002 BMW 330i that won't set the Secondary Air Injection Readiness.   I'm going to change the B1S1 O2 sensor.   Wish me luck.

Re: Tech Thread Only?

none
I have a friend who has a BMW specialty shop and he has told me before that slow O2 sensors are a VERY common problem for secondary AIR not set.

Re: Tech Thread Only?

I have a friend who has a BMW specialty shop and he has told me before that slow O2 sensors are a VERY common problem for secondary AIR not set.
Your friend is correct, I replaced the sensor yesterday, and I was kinda worried that the monitor wouldn't run that afternoon.

This morning I was ready to make a dyno run, but as I was warming up the Beemer, and setting up the scanner to monitor the readiness pids, the SAI completed.   I think it was less than 5 minutes.

Re: Tech Thread Only?

Re: Tech Thread Only?

scanner
D wrote
I'm having alot of success with Toyota Monitors ever since I found this one cool trick BAR doesn't want you to know about.

https://www.toyotaparts.metro-toyota.com/READINESS_MONITOR_DRIVE_PATTERNS_T-EG02-003.pdf
I've been using that info with great success.  Toyota provided that info on iATN.

http://members.iatn.net/resources/toyota/rmdp/

Re: Tech Thread Only?

Re: Tech Thread Only?

Re: Tech Thread Only?

scanner
D wrote
Only thing I have learned so far is a FWD RX300 can set monitors (except EVAP) in about 10 minutes on the dyno with no load.

God bless Toyota.

Re: Tech Thread Only?

That's not parts throwing, that's "swaptronics", and I do it all the time.

Re: Tech Thread Only?

Re: Tech Thread Only?

Can I make a "nit-picky" request, D?  I don't know if it's too late, but can you replace "TECHCIANS" with "TECHNICIANS" on our GoFundMe page?  It's been slightly bugging me for two years ...

Re: Tech Thread Only?

Re: Tech Thread Only?

Re: Tech Thread Only?

Re: Tech Thread Only?

Re: Tech Thread Only?

I can't be sure if these ideas are applicable to your situation, but I have found swapped hoses on purge valves causing intermittent sticking open, and I even found one case where the purge and vent were right next to each other and the electrical connectors were swapped.

Re: Tech Thread Only?

1 ... 56789101112