Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

SmogAce
So he's a good tech and great with my customers. I've been in the same situation and was able to somehow get back to .7

What are your thoughts, advice, or opinions on what I should do? Thanks guys and gals

Re: Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

Peter
Nothing. Just be happy and keep doing smogs as many as possible. Don't fail vehicles you passed 2 years ago. That's the key

Re: Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

loptru
Try not to manually enter the VIN into BAR 77 or BAR OIS as much as you can.It's the score killer.

Re: Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

Evil Morty
typing in vin lowers score???
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

loptru
Yes; BAR talks about it in the current 4 hour update training.

Re: Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

Majority of my customers were doing resets on the on their cars. This is considered by the bar to be forcing a car to pass and will cause your score to dip. I didn't care since I wasn't the one doing the resets until my score took a shit and hit .03 I started prescreening cars left and right to see if cars have been reset and rejected or made customers drive around until all monitors were set. Now my score is back at .50 and im not sure if that had anything to do with it though.

Re: Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

I wouldn't worry until the tech's score drops below 0.10. Then I would appeal and STAR suspension and watch his score come back above 0.10 before you ever get a hearing.

I would avoid failing any cars you passed two years ago (tell the customer to get their PCV hoses or whatever issue fixed first if you are T/O) and pre-screen the OBDII.

Re: Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

Knitpickens
funny BAR told me a tech cannot APPEAL . WHO does the appealing ?

Re: Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

none
If you read the original post it sure sounds to me like he is the shop owner but I could be reading it wrong.

Re: Tech's Score Dropped to a .28

SmogAce
Yup, I'm the owner and just trying to get some advice for my tech. I've been in the same situation. Thanks for your input. You always have knowledgeable advice and I appreciate it.