Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

Mike
If so, where are the pinchpoints.
and does the adapter seal properly?

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

Mike
Found the pinch point
Passenger side near rear wheel
Canister is there.

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

Raymond323
No i never check evap on any vw never been dinged put NA

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

 I never do evap tests on Vanagons and haven't been dinged for it.

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

Plenty of vw's I do evap testing on. not the vanagons though. not to be mixed up with the type II's.
only the old farts will know what I just said

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

smogtech19
the hose you see near the rear wheel is the wrong hose I know a guy that failed one of those for evap test customer took the van to the repair shop had them fix the tank guy pays $200 bucks only to find out theres no evap test no those

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

smogtech19 wrote
...only to find out theres no evap test no those
What was the source of that information?  I have yet to see anything definitive on any (OBDI) vehicle that states whether or not an evap test is performed.
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

SoCaL92626
Never tested them

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

GrossPolluter
I never did an EVAP test on a Vanagon before. Matter of fact, I don't believe I ever did an EVAP on any German vehicles and have not got any deviations for it. The BMW's have the hard plastic line where if you pinch the line it can damage it.

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

FiendFX
On the older bmw with rubber lines, if the adaptor fits, you can do it. Also, on the MBZ with the canister near the radiator, it's also testable.

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

GrossPolluter
oh damn, I was told not to mess with the earlier BMWs, Mercedes and Volkswagons. I have not got dinged for a single one yet. I wonder why is that? Maybe most techs are not testing them?

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

FiendFX
As per BAR EVAP testing procedure, it's the technician's responsibly to test the EVAP if accessible.

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

smogtech19
I checked the vacuum routing using alldata those are a N/A test

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

Jones

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

FiendFX
The was a topic about using the BAR EVAP CD. BAR advise, just because it's not in the CD, doesn't mean it's not testable. For example, ford aerostar it's not in CD, but it's testable.

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

Jones

Re: Techs, do you evap test 1990 VW Vanagon's

FiendFX
I agree "most" German car is not testable. Again, some old BMW and MBZ can be tested.