Techs with low scores

Able
What happens to these techs? What options do they have for employment?

There's a tech that I'm interested in hiring but his score is .21.

What will happen to my shops score if I add him? Currently I'm at .45....

I won't be under .4 right?..... (I have no score, shop score is. 4)

Thanks for any input.

Re: Techs with low scores

D Rochells 150861
BAR rep told me if people are too dumb to smog correctly they should do repair work, that's why there is no FPR BS for repair techs.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: Techs with low scores

timmy
Able wrote
What will happen to my shops score if I add him? Currently I'm at .45....
Your shop score won't be affected by adding a tech with a score of .4 or lower BUT you will get a "STAR invalidation" letter in 2-4 months. I added a tech with a "no score" and my station score is lower than .4, I got a invalidation letter 3 months later.

Re: Techs with low scores

Able
timmy wrote
Able wrote
What will happen to my shops score if I add him? Currently I'm at .45....
Your shop score won't be affected by adding a tech with a score of .4 or lower BUT you will get a "STAR invalidation" letter in 2-4 months. I added a tech with a "no score" and my station score is lower than .4, I got a invalidation letter 3 months later.
What?  That's no good..... did you remove the tech?

So in my situation, can i add him now as a temporary solution and then replace him with a higher score tech after I receive a star invalidation letter?

I'm an absentee owner with no tech right now so I'm not doing so well

Re: Techs with low scores

timmy
I didn't remove the tech because it's my youngest brother, I'm doing an appeal. In your situation, you can add the low score tech till you get an invalidation notice then replace him or you can appeal it, up to you. For the record, I'm telling you what I did and not giving you advice on how to run your business. I would hate for you to lose your STAR for any reason, I'm also using a lawyer who is guiding me through my appeals.

Re: Techs with low scores

You can only add a no score tech or a tech with a .40 or higher without it affecting your star.

Can't you just fill in while you find another tech or too busy?

Re: Techs with low scores

Able
Lose weight wrote
You can only add a no score tech or a tech with a .40 or higher without it affecting your star.

Can't you just fill in while you find another tech or too busy?

I have a full time job elsewhere. So it's hard to take some time off. Like a day or two max, but I can't do like 3 weeks off.

Most techs I'm finding are either low score or no score. Or have very little experience.

My requirements are pretty standard. Like .40 or higher score and have some customer service.

I have a service writer, a female receptionist that does invoice and customer care so it's not a one man show.

Just can't find someone in short notice.

Re: Techs with low scores

Smogtech
so A you fired the other tech?  and you in OC?

Re: Techs with low scores

Troll
Try the pay scale of $20 to 25 per hour, or more.  Experienced only.
I personally believe in you pay for what you get.

Re: Techs with low scores

I got a couple of smog tech leads I can pass on to you if you'd like. Not sure if they live in the OC area but may commute to you. I have had the info for when we were looking for a tech sometime back.

Re: Techs with low scores

Troll wrote
Try the pay scale of $20 to 25 per hour, or more.  Experienced only.
I personally believe in you pay for what you get.
I agree and you get far better work and less head aches so you end up making more by paying better.

Re: Techs with low scores

Able
Found a tech. He asked 200 a day. We agreed to 175.
40 hrs week no weekends.

6 years experienced star score .71

Let's see how this works.

Thanks all.

Thanks all.
great bargain sounds like you got a deal good luck to both of you

Re: Techs with low scores

Able , that sounds fair to you and tech all the way around ! I am happy for that tech , he should do his best ,be nice to the customers , and be thorough ,and not ask for a raise in a long time . Also no whining . Sounds like a great place to smog !