The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Please People I don't know how many times I have put this down. Maybe a different angle.

 Timing, Guilty. Pull the STAR.
 Gas Cap, Guilty. Pull the STAR.
 Evap, Guilty. Pull the STAR.
 OBD Check. Guilty. Pull the STAR

 All the others are pure and simple. YOU CAN APPEAL THOSE. AND WIN!

 Yes it will cost you MONEY and some time. But you will still keep your STAR during the Appeal that you will win.
Take the first 4. There is "no, well maybe." The timing on a 92 Chevy PU with a 5.7 is. It's not N\A. It can be checked, you put N\A , you just put down you didn't do it. They don't need the 90% thing. In black and white, bunch of books. The timing is this, and yes it can be set wrong.
96 thru 99 get a OBD check. PERIOD. You didn't do it. No ifs and or buts. No appeal there. YOU SCREWED UP.
All 4 of those they can PROVE. You putting N\A proves you didn't do it. GUILTY.
The only 90% thing is EVAP. 90% did it why not you?

 Now IGS. Does the BAR KNOW can they prove that the vehicle had the right size tires? That the Transmission was 100% with no slippage. NO THEY CAN'T. APPEAL.

 The first 4 YOUR DEAD. All the others, BAR does not want it out that they have no hands on proof that you KNOWINGLY Cheated.
To many other factors out of your control come into play.
FPR same thing. You had the car. Can the BAR prove that that vehicle, no one else has been under the hood. And if they could, you can just argue the vehicle has not been maintained. of course it's not going to pass.
SVFR. Same thing. Prove the vehicle did not get repaired before it showed up at your shop.

 NO HANDS ON PROOF. They must prove YOU KNEW. They were not there, so NO PROOF. Out the door it goes.
Out the door the WHOLE STAR program goes.

 In front of a Judge, A State or Federal Judge. How long would STAR and it's we feel and we have no proof of what we are saying, would last?

 BAR does not want to see STAR in front of a JUDGE. That is why you appeal.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Johnnybeme
Besta

You may be right but how come the smarty pants lawyers have not argued for a jury trial? I may be wrong but the jurisdiction of the BAR only is applicable under administrative law. Thus it would be impossible to get a judgement on the validity or lack thereof of any content of those proceedings. I have been in front of the administrative judge twice and both times it was only to confirm the legitimacy of the evidence. It is simple he said she said and the presentation of fact screws ya. It is plainly wrong but they know exactly what they are doing.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Johnnybeme
Besta

I will follow my reply with this. The only way to get this to civil court would be to have a tech that lost his job because of the STAR evaluation, sue the BAR. Then the explanation has to be part of the procedings exposing the metric for the farce it is.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Yes time and MONEY.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Kriss Vector

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hell can you imagine the HUGE amount of the law suits that would be filed?

 The article posted above, thank you very much, just proved how it can be beat.

 Just my belief but the BAR will deal you before they let it go that far. THAT'S WHY YOU APPEAL.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

timmy
96 thru 99 get a OBD check. PERIOD. You didn't do it. No ifs and or buts. No appeal there. YOU SCREWED UP.
 96-99 Federal certified Heavy Duty Trucks are OBD1 so no OBD check.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

 JM, thinking about what you put down. You must have gone to one of those Kangaroo hearing like I did, WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Judge is bought and paid for by the BAR.

 Now that being said, even little old ladies when you tell them about FPR go "What Idiot thought that one up?"
Couple years back, maybe as many as 4 someone posted a deal about how the A.G. will not show up\back the BAR on the STAR thing.
So you go to "Administrative Hearing" The Judge I don't care who paid for him will look at his reputation.
Wait a minute, I KNOW this will be over turned by a higher court. All my Per's will go WTF were you thinking.
 BAR had no hands on PROOF. Who paid you off.
To many people in law enforcement,  Judges I do, DA's  Little old ladies go WTF were they thinking. That judge does not want to be asked that question by a higher up judge.
"Well the BAR told me I had to" WILL NOT WORK.

 The farther the BAR keeps STAR away from any judge the better for the BAR.

 Think about it, STAR gets thrown out. People have lost there business because of STAR. The HIT, just the hit in $$$$$ the BAR would be looking at.

 The fun thing about this is, they must think of ways to change STAR. A lot of it is going away with OIS. Law suit asking why they had to change a "Perfectly good Law". It needed to be changed because it was flawed? It opens them up to the same can of worms.

 Sheri TOTALLY FUCKED The BAR with STAR.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Best Answer I Can Give
Tim I knew some one would get me on that one. The 90% rule applies to that one as well. Plus it is in Black and White, what one get a OBD check and those that don't. You really don't need the 90%
 Plus if the BAR has last records, " Why did the guy before yo do the check" GUILTY.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

timmy
Best Answer I Can Give wrote
Tim I knew some one would get me on that one. The 90% rule applies to that one as well. Plus it is in Black and White, what one get a OBD check and those that don't. You really don't need the 90%
 Plus if the BAR has last records, " Why did the guy before yo do the check" GUILTY.
Even if the guy before me checked it, it would probably fail for not completing the monitors. I have never seen a federal HD truck complete the monitors. I always double check those trucks to see if they are OBD1 and every truck never sets the monitors to pass.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

TRANSLATION - someone else , anyone else besides me spend tons of money and time to fight big brother so i can get rid of my problem.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Best Answer I Can Give
Translation. I have the Money.

 Better translation. KEEP YOUR NOSE CLEAN.

 Best Translation. If you are not effected by it, WHY COMMENT?

then why not hire lawyer and get what ever citation got in the past expunged from your inspector history, or hire a lawyer and file a class action lawsuit on the behalf of the smog tech community vs the star program? you could contact all those affected by the program to testify on your behalf.
 see i got ideas to, get started your wasting time.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Ask D how well his program is going.

 Class action. BIG FUCKING JOKE. To many guys like me and you who think they KNOW IT ALL!

 Basic STAR does not even effect you. Why are you here?

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

 Class action. BIG FUCKING JOKE. To many guys like me and you who think they KNOW IT ALL!

 Basic STAR does not even effect you. Why are you here?
i dont pretend to know it all, im just ranting away like you. it all sound good in your head as your typing it but whos gonna be the guinea pig to spend alot of time and money.

you can A, admit they got you pay fine take class move on - AS YOU ALREADY HAVE

 or B tackle someone with deeper pockets, waste year or more of time which is money lost. then lose and still pay your fine, go to class then move on with a sore asshole.

i think ill go with A if, If the time ever come which i will do my best to not allow it to happen.

LAST why am i even here. Ive been watching this site since before the star program went into effect thats why. ive been here since you were JUSTA, and didnt rant as much. i am still on the stop the star program side. after the star went to effect it looks like its more of a tech blog to share experiences, and give a look out when big bro comes after us. i felt bad when you literally got cyber bullied off this site how idk i missed it i wasnt checking in during the quick period it happened. now i would probably laugh my ass off i miss justa, besta is just a selfish know it all.

I have never posted anything against the STAR program here. I like this site because we can help each other and have similar experiences. Does that mean I'm not welcome here?

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Best Answer I Can Give
 None you try and help. You can answer question because STAR has effected you. You lose your appeal you will lose the STAR.
You didn't come here to knock a person down. Several of us are here to help. Welcome.

 Some of us say that this is for smog questions and then post a picture of a half and half car. Smog Check related?
One claims he has been here forever but still must ask a question that has been gone over many times. Something about how HE can find out if a Ford truck is OBD II. Not willing to help. He needs help so he starts a post.

 I find it funny, the older guys You, Me, Scanner, JM, several others, we are here to help NOT RIP INTO A PERSON.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

None you try and help. You can answer question because STAR has effected you. Something about how HE can find out if a Ford truck is OBD II. Not willing to help. He needs help so he starts a post.

 I find it funny, the older guys You, Me, Scanner, JM, several others, we are here to help NOT RIP INTO A PERSON.

lol he plays admistrator in his head

another perfect example- none has been here since OCT 2014 has 26 post started

BESTA SECOND ACCOUNT started sept.2015 420 post started not even including your old profile

your post are all similar i hate bar, some one sue bar, dont let bar fuck ya dry. yea we know you have said the same thing 100 different ways, most valuable info is lost under all your personal rants

if a new user was watching he would check the first 20 post and vomit say fuck this its just one guy on here telling life stories. in his mid 50s- early 60s. multiple people have agreed you over post. last time you asked for answers to throw parts and got your panties in a bunch when they told you how to diagnose it   caiming the old way was the best way and didnt need expensive diagnostic tools. i would find the post but digging through 2200 replies might take some time.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

Super Star
I think if you are looking to troll, you are on the wrong site. Otherwise, there's no need for the ad hominem, if you don't like a post or thread you could, theoretically, ignore it.

Re: The BAR does NOT want STAR to go to Court.

I don't mind his rants, I do it too. But you're being just as bad with long anti-besta posts adding to his rants. Barry can you make a Besta rant sticky thread where they can argue in peace? If you guys work on your material maybe you could make radio show or podcast. I've always wanted to make a smog tech reality show or sitcom myself.
12