The VW thing. What's the deal?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Had a guy in yesterday, very much in the "Know". Very well off money wise.
He made me think about, and had some stuff to think about.

 VW did not go out there to " Cheat the Emissions". The cheat was MPG. Fuel Mileage.
The cheat was, when the vehicle saw only 2 wheels movement, and a couple of other things, it would run the "We are having a Emissions Test run on this vehicle Mode". And it would pass. It would run the engine a little bit richer, lowering the NOx.
 When it saw all 4 wheels,
 VW would lean up the engine. Just a tiny bit of fuel each combustion cycle. Think about that, just a little bit less each time, that adds up to better fuel mileage. You lean up the engine you increase the NOx output. We all know that.

 What I feel, the EPA and all the Test guys with egg on there face are pissed about is,LOOK WE TOLD THEM guys like us, IDIOTS, guys who are just nobodies, flunkies, piece of crap guy who can only test cars all day, WE, you and I told them OIS WILL NOT WORK IT CAN BE CHEATED. VW just shoved it in there face.

 VW ran two programs. One to keep the EPA happy and one to keep the public happy. The air is clean, just give me my 50MPG.
When the people come in ask them. Do you care about clean air, or keeping money in your pocket. Most will lie, say clean air. Most don't know You need NOX to make dirty air. The truth is Money, that's what it always has been about.

 VW could cheat to sell a vehicle that gets great MPG. VW just showed that  a OIS test is worthless. Gotta love it. VW also showed that a 2 wheel drive dyno test is worthless also.

 The EPA is not so much PISSED at VW for the cheat as they are for the, YOUR TESTING CAN BE CHEATED.

 The fun part and the part I would like to be the fly on the wall watching. WHO GET'S THE MONEY? The, "Well the fine belongs to EPA". The NO you screwed it up, why do you get the money? Well if we had the money we could buy better equipment.
The back and forth "The $18 Billion Fine belongs to ????????? General Fund? EPA? Cal EPA? ARB? We found it we should get it?
 The back and forth $18 Billion, That's with a B. That is one hell of a lot of money. Who get's it?

 Now to what I believe. This is just the tip. VW is not the only one. VW paid the fine knowing that. When GM get's found out about. And when we find out that it was happening when the Feds were in charge of GM and they KNEW?
I believe they all cheated. VW was the first, it will not be the last.

 I had a guy ask me to run a ASM manual on a 09 Chev 1500. The reason? He just put on new CAT's. Over 500 PPM NOx. 500 on a vehicle that should be ZERO.

 We have just seen the start.

Now please remember this is what I have heard, and believe. The one truth is OIS will not pick up NOx.
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: The VW thing. What's the deal?

We all cheat when we go WOT anyways.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: The VW thing. What's the deal?

Had a guy in yesterday, very much in the "Know". Very well off money wise.
He made me think about, and had some stuff to think about.

 VW did not go out there to " Cheat the Emissions". The cheat was MPG. Fuel Mileage.
The cheat was, when the vehicle saw only 2 wheels movement, and a couple of other things, it would run the "We are having a Emissions Test run on this vehicle Mode". And it would pass. It would run the engine a little bit richer, lowering the NOx.
 When it saw all 4 wheels,
 VW would lean up the engine. Just a tiny bit of fuel each combustion cycle. Think about that, just a little bit less each time, that adds up to better fuel mileage. You lean up the engine you increase the NOx output. We all know that.

I got as far as this and could tell that your guy "in the know" was not at all "in the know" because how the test is run was wrong, how they "cheated" was wrong, and how a diesel engine works was wrong.

SORRY

Re: The VW thing. What's the deal?

I believe the fine should go to all the emmissions testers , old and new , test only and test and repair .I believe it should be given to us in 401 ks , and mini vacations anywhere in the USA .

Re: The VW thing. What's the deal?

locopoco
I have a customer who works for VW America's testing lab and certifies all the new VW's for USEPA emission compatibility.
I can't wait to see him and get his point of view on all of this.

Re: The VW thing. What's the deal?

Maybe it has nothing to do with things but, volkswagon is the only vehicle I know where you can set all monitors in 30 seconds with the right scan tool.

Re: The VW thing. What's the deal?

Citation Addict
Hey all clean pipers, I hear they are hiring......LOL

Re: The VW thing. What's the deal?

The VW thing. What's the deal?  its a funny looking car?

Re: The VW thing. What's the deal?

Best Answer I Can Give
 Go to You Tube. Type in 10 Volkswagen scandal facts WMNews Ep.47.

 Take it or leave it. But the one thing it does point out VW decided to cheat at the expense of Emissions. How they did it, leaning up the engine for fuel economy, or what ever they felt they needed to do it for.

 My whole HA HA about this thing is EPA Cal EPA, you got caught with your pants around your ankles. The screwing was done and you didn't even have your pants off.

 Who found all this out? An independent lab. What is a Test station like mine and yours? A independent lab.
Test after 6 years? That's 6 years that a company has been cheating. 2 wheel Dyno? OIS  That bull? The public just got told it's Bull Shit.

 The law makers should be putting CARB, Cal. EPA, on notice.
The law makers were told that they could come up with a cheat proof system.
All the money spent on OIS just got flushed down the drain. It can and will be cheated. EPA didn't catch the cheat. Listen to the report. A private testing lab, they found the cheat.

 The worst part off all this? We got lied to? The people say, "So what else is new"
 Sorry to you that I have not offended. Give me time. I will get to you.

Re: The VW thing. What's the deal?

This is funny
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2001-04-05/pdf/01-8276.pdf

Several commenters—ALA, ESP, New
Jersey, and others—expressed concern
that discontinuing the I/M tailpipe
inspection on MY 1996 and newer,
OBD-equipped vehicles would
eliminate a valuable source of
information for overseeing vehicle
manufacturers
 and for triggering
emission-related recalls. Several of these
commenters suggested that EPA’s
proposal would effectively allow ‘‘the
fox to guard the hen house,’’
particularly if dealerships are allowed to
test and repair their affiliated
manufacturer’s product line. Citing
recent OBD-related recalls of Honda and
Toyota model vehicles, ALA states:
‘‘The manufacturer’s self-generated OBD
data will launch potentially costly (and
embarrassing) recalls. As a result, a
manufacturer—and its affiliated
dealers—may have an incentive to
cheat