The "Number's"

Best Answer I Can Give
 Almost half way thru the month, How many of us are giving them the Numbers\ code\ worthless information?
The Engine family and the Evap family. Those "Numbers.
Me @ 80% I figure, Pisses me off when I write them down and forget to put them in.

 Now is this only April or till the day we die? I think me, like most of don't mind, but tell us why we are wasting our time?
Hell tell us you screwed up and should of had the vehicle maker give you those.

Re: The "Number's"

Almost half way thru the month, How many of us are giving them the Numbers\ code\ worthless information?
The Engine family and the Evap family. Those "Numbers.
Me @ 80% I figure,
I figure about the same.   Some labels GM has on the Air Cleaner Assemblies aren't very clear to me.    I've been using a digital camera to record and view the numbers.

Pisses me off when I write them down and forget to put them in.
I know, huh.

Re: The "Number's"

kfworry
The BAR blast clearly states the information will be gathered for the month
of APRIL.
That is ALL. No big deal guys.
It might add maybe one minute to the OIS test.

Re: The "Number's"

none
kfworry wrote
 It might add maybe one minute to the OIS test.
At the end of a busy day that ads an hour or 4-6 OIS tests.

It is voluntary and I am at about 50%.

Re: The "Number's"

smog man
I'm at 0%, ARB has access to that information, they can get it them self's.

Re: The "Number's"

Voltron
Zero. if they want more detailed info they should be doing it

Re: The "Number's"

cosmokramertheassman
Not participating here. They can get the info for themselves.

Re: The "Number's"

Not even once..

Re: The "Number's"

i have not found the time to do BARS voluntary bidding . I have too much other stuff i feel is just a little more important and time consuming , like laying flat on my back with a flashlight and mirror to decipher old worn out barely readable aftermarket cat numbers , looking for egrs and well you know small stuff like that ,all while watching the black widow spider so it doesn't launch off its perch and bite me in the face ! (i know a guy that got bit on the nose by an unidentified spider and it ate the skin on his nose ,he finally got it to heal but when it did it left a big Z mark on his nose !) true story !

Re: The "Number's"

smwalker
I am at 100% so far this month.  BUt I only do about 2 smogs a day, OIS only  SO there's that.  Plenty of labels on them new cars! LOL

Re: The "Number's"

BlueSky
The EPA already has this data listed on their web page.  Wonder why BAR doesn't get it there? https://www3.epa.gov/otaq/tcldata.htm or here https://www3.epa.gov/otaq/crttst.htm

Re: The "Number's"

Calibration Required
I will not make a paying customer wait longer than is needed simply because the BAR refuses to gather that info onn it's own.

If I have 4 customers waiting then the fourth customer ends up waiting and additional 8-10 minutes longer than normal.  Why should I take the risk of losing customers, or potentially leaving myself open to negative reviews?

Re: The "Number's"

I am at exactly 0.00% participation for the month of April.  By strange coincidence, this number happens to exactly match my first three FuPR score cards.

Re: The "Number's"

My Name is Nobody
barrym95838 wrote
I am at exactly 0.00% participation for the month of April.  By strange coincidence, this number happens to exactly match my first three FuPR score cards.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107
"hoist by one's own petard"

I am at 50%, this retirement eyes with glasses and flashlight only can do that much.

Re: The "Number's"

Best Answer I Can Give
 Each and every one of the reasons for not doing it is perfect, spot on, perfect, thinking like a real person or shop owner.

 NOW THINK. WHAT IS STAR? We the State made the shops jump thru our hoops.
The Star program has nothing to do with what the real world is about. It's about what the BAR thinks it is.

 STAR. you were a good little child "You got your STAR for the day" FUCKING THINKING THAT YOU PULL ON A KINDER GARDENER. 5 year old thinking.

 Is this just one more "HEY LOOK AT WHAT WE CAN MAKE THEM DO" Hey look how much we can fuck with the scores.

 All STAR is, is  Be the good little shop, jump in and out of these hoops.

 Will your next STAR score reflect how well you play with other's?

Re: The "Number's"

Sprechen of which , where are our lovely STAR scores for the month of March ? I know i mite have had several restarts .Darn clunkers and their old transmissions.

Re: The "Number's"

smog man
Yea I'm sure they will have them posted today, after we go home. So we can't call BAR to complain about the scores until Monday, lol.