The years almost over.

Able
Were suppose to hang on to the vir for 3 years so I cam toss all the 2014 VIRs.

Yes gonna save some space in the shop.

Now what is the proper way to trash these VIRs? Heavy duty Shredder is involve?

Re: The years almost over.

Traditionally they are not thrown away, they are left in the shop for future generations of techs to bitch about people not throwing shit away.

Or they just go in the garbage, smog techs don't know how to recycle.

Re: The years almost over.

locopoco
Was it 3 or 5 years of records?
If it's indeed 3 then I'm gonna throw a lot of papers this weekend,cause I have records back all the way to 2011.

Re: The years almost over.

I have a company shred them for us. It isn't worth my time to do it myself.

They charge per pound and I usually have at least 8 banker's boxes per year to shred.

Re: The years almost over.

FiendFX
THrow them in the dumpster. Done.

Re: The years almost over.

corsakev
its cold out get a 55 gallon drum and burn em lol

Re: The years almost over.

Best Answer I Can Give
Dumpster.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: The years almost over.

Dumpster.
Disposal of Customer Records - California Civil Code sections 1798.80 - 1798.81 and 1798.84. These sections require businesses to shred, erase or otherwise modify the personal information when disposing of customer records under their control. It provides a "safe harbor" from civil litigation for a business that has come into possession of records containing personal information that were abandoned, so long as the business disposes of them as provided in the statute

Re: The years almost over.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Ok so I burned them. Prove different.
One of those stupid ass laws that nobody checks. Cell phones are still plugged into peoples ear. People still do 70\80 MPH.
People still cheat.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: The years almost over.

none
We got a letter to notify businesses in general from Dept. of Justice (I think) that told these laws about how you can't just throw away customer's personal information and listed a scary high fine if somebody's identity was stolen because we as a business didn't keep our records secure. I figure that it is cheap enough to shred them for my liability.

Re: The years almost over.

Best Answer I Can Give
 Good point. But why go get dirty at a dump, when you can stay nice and clean and do it from a computer?

 Saw one last night on the news. One guy stands by the house. Pull the code for the vehicle, WHILE IT WAS IN THE HOUSE. Transmitted it to a guy with another box. 2nd guy now drives off with the STOLEN CAR. Why get dirty.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.