There may be a christmas presant for failing shops

There may be a christmas presant for failing shops

007
I am not sure where the ideal that 50% of the shops will not qualify. I looked at 30 shops in my area that are smog players, both test only and repair. 5 stations do not qualify, 3 repairs and 2 test onlys. That is 16% failing. The shops that are passing have 2 to 5 techs listed all with passing scores.

The thing that was interesting was that there is a shop that qualifies and then have only been open for 2 months. So if your shop is failing maybe you can close and reopen under a new name and ARD number and qualify. It appears there is no waiting period for shop FPR.

Re: There may be a christmas presant for failing shops

Banned
The strategy of changing ownership to avoid fines, and other reasons, has been around, and used
quite a bit over the years. I wouldn't necessarily call this a present, because you have to go through
the whole qualification process again. For those who have been through it many times, we know it
can be a royal pain. I know one shop that was CAP certified BEFORE, but did not qualify as CAP when
reapplying under the new ownership AFTER, for instance.

Optimism is usually a good thing, but I still remain optimistic that we will get some real justice from
the legal system. Regardless of what happens, there is at least one thing that has changed, and I
don't believe will ever revert back. This is the idea that we will just sit around, twiddling our thumbs,
while the BAR brainstorms ideas that are put into effect, with NO oversight whatsoever. This idea of
challenges to their craziness was unheard of 5 years back. Now I believe it will become common,
and they will think twice before allowing their destructive behavior patterns to run rampant.