Third Time

007
We have now had 3 2007 BMW's shut off 3/4 of the way through the DAD test, and they won't restart. I no I posted about this when it happened the first time, anyone else running into this problem?

Re: Third Time

FRUSTRATED
Happened to us a couple of months ago on a DREW DAD unit while testing a 328I, nothing since that time.  Ours had a traction control light activate but it went away as soon as the car restarted.  What DAD unit do you have and have you communicated the issue to them?

Re: Third Time

007
We have a applus, and no I have not told them yet, thought maybe it was fluke but now I no for sure its not, I will call them today.

Re: Third Time

007
I talked to Applus and they said they have seen this, but have no answers other then it is something in the car DA! There other response is the test will finish and after sitting for awhile it will restart. Did your car restart? we had to disconnect the battery to get them to restart.

Re: Third Time

FRUSTRATED
Ours started right up.  Did not have to resort to unplugging anything.

Re: Third Time

enrique
we have applus as well and never had issues with bmw's, and I do get a lot of them in my area so maybe some units are dud's ?

Re: Third Time

Third time answering this, I've got wireless IMclean, no problems with 07 Bmw 3 series, or 5 series.

Re: Third Time

Troll
No start due to Mode 9, PID 8 request pCM power down, resets, then restarts.

Re: Third Time

007
Not my Problem, you are on the right track, they engineer called and they no the problem is in the states software and this problem happens when they request mode 9. This is happening across the board and they are working on a fix, however they said if you let the vehicle sit for fifteen to twenty minutes the vehicle will restart, however the 3 times it has happened we had to disconnect the negative battery cable to get it to restart.

Re: Third Time

dodgers
Imclean drew.  It shut off right before the finish, then  completed the dad test. I said "wtf" and started it back up and turn it off.  Customer was watching and thinking I did something.

Re: Third Time

Midnightdrummer
Happened to me with the A+ the other day. Disconnected the battery with the customer following me around "Its never done this before. I don't know why it wont start now" and it started back up.

Re: Third Time

007
lets post the years and models,

all three of mine are 2007 328i

Re: Third Time

hello
This happened to me too! Just once though.

Can't recall which BMW it was, but it was maybe a 08/09 3 or 5 series.

It turned the car off, but I was able to restart it right away to complete the test.

Re: Third Time

BlueSky
I've smogged (7) 2007 BMWs, 1-750Li, 3-328s, 1-X3 and 2-525.  Never had any problems with cars shutting off and I'm using the Applus.

Re: Third Time

007
You will at some point. Its a documented problem they are aware of. It doesn't happen on all the ones I have done; but it has happened 3 times.

Re: Third Time

I had it happen today with a 2007 328. We let it sit for 5 minutes key off and then it fired back up. When you are busy 5 minutes of waiting seems like 20 minutes though.

Re: Third Time

007
The first one that happened to us it sat for over 20 minutes and didn't start, thought it was the alarm system at first and someone suggested to disconnect the battery and it worked. The ones we have done we disconnect the negative battery cable, it takes about 2 min to do and the radio and clock programs stayed in tac. So the customer doesn't even no what happened.

Re: Third Time

FiendFX
Just did an 08 328I, no problems. This only happens to 07?

Re: Third Time

I've used Applus and Drew, many 07 BMWs, no problems.

We did have some no coms because one tech thinks he should keep the imclean hooked up to a battery on the floor during the test...

Re: Third Time

I have only had it happen on 07, but the tech support at applus said they have seen problems on the 08 and are working on a solution. It may not happen on all cars but there is a history that it is happening and if you have not experanced it yet that is good, but when you do you will no what is going on.
12